Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friday 15 August 2008: Sarah is flying all over the world into various pasts she's had thanks to the ever crazy Facebook!!!!

Sarah says:
I really tried my best to avoid Facebook! I caved in! I admit it! And within two days I have been back in touch with all sorts of people from my past with some quick exchqnges and some longer, deepe ones. There are a few people I have wondered about for years and years. And in one second I found them on Facebook and caught up. Most of it remains superficial of course and in the back of your mind you think - okay - now we caught up - see you in another 20 years (as one person I got in touch with pointed out and warned...) What's nice is just getting brought up to date and satisfying some curiosity. What's been really nice and still may get even nicer is getting back in touch with people who actualy meant worlds to me. There are a few friendships that just went their separate ways because of time and space and things like that. I never stopped caring and thinking about some of the people. It's interesting to say the least. A bumpy but exciting plane ride all over the world - or maybe more like time travel - but as if I were still in the past and travelling into the future... I'm enjoying it but it is making my head spin. I think this sort of thing must last a few days and then slow down and deflate. What would be nice is if some of the people I have missed become closer contacts of mine again. We'll see wht this Facebook really has to offer. It's funny, but everyone who speaks of Facebook always offers a little warning or advice or puts it down in some way or another. I guess it's just part of the new world we live in where everything is about a half a second click away!

No comments: