Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday 16 september 2007: Heidi is still ill and Sarah has a new feline pet, though a flat, dead one...

Heidi says: Boy, i feel ill... It's like my bowels are being eaten by some animal. That is the feeling I have. But what is the cause to this feeling? No one knows... On Saturday I went to the hospital, where a doctor did some blood tests and an echo but he didn't find anythinig. He calls it a 'functionele stoornis', a sensitive bowel that doesn't work that well all the time. I have struggled with bowel problems since my thirteenth, but it's the first time I feel what I am feeling now. This naggin feeling wakes me up at night, and keeps me awake for three hours. Painkillers hardly work. And nobody can help me. All I want, is to be able to take care of my little daughter and to go to work... I hate being sick. I HATE it!


Sarah says:
Dang Heidi! I really hope you feel better soon! Truly! By the way, it's not the animal that I'm holding in the photo above that is eating Heidi's bowels!
My day was nice and easy compared to poor Heidi's. We saw some good friends this morning for brunch on the highway hotel between our houses. It was relaxing. The food was bad this time around but oh well. It was very good to catch up a bit with our mates and for our kids to play together while we just hung out talking about the past, present and future. After than I went to 2nd hand furniture shops and I found some great stuff. Got some good ideas. And will see what I do with it all! I'm in search of some things and I'll know them when I see them! Today I think I found one sure thing. We'll see. Anyway, I love Second-Hand shops! Yesterday a pee-pot and today who knows what else! Perfect Sunday moment. Then it was a non-rehearsal with very little music in Gent with my non-band-band! It was good to see them again. Now the question is if we'll go on or not and if we do we have to put the pedal to the medal and meet more frequently and have a little bi of a plan. Not sure whet we'll decide. We'll decide Wednesday night. I could go either way. Life is about to get busier than ever for me soon and singing in a band is a great outlet for stress and a good time but it also takes up time and I don't know what sort of time I'm going to be keeping or having. So it's a big we'll see!

Below is my Post Secret pick of the week. It stood out to me and I'm not sure why or what exactly the person who made the card means by "you have no idea what it's really like". What it says to me is that we go through life assuming way too much about way too many things and people. And man do we misunderstand different cultures and the way we all go about our lives in different ways. The card just makes me think of all the assumptions people make about immigrants without really knowing anything about their cultures and lives and all that. We just assume way too much that we know so much when we don't know shit about shit. We only know our own struggles. We can't ever even begin to claim to understand other people's struggles. But boy do we all act like we know it all...especially news casters and the like - telling us what seems to be going on but not having any concept of what's really going on. I can't explain what I mea tonight. I gotta go to bed. I'm really tired and I need to have ENERGY this week! Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

--
-
-
-
-
Oh Heidi - I'm so sorry you are suffering so. I hope you feel better soon and they figure out what is the cause. Lotsa love, ASG