Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday 17 September 2007: Heidi is starting to feel ever so slightly better and Sarah can't tell you anything as she's too shy.


Sarah says:
Heidi was at work today and I'm happy to report that though the animals are still eating away at her guts, she's starting to feel a little better. Speaking of animals and guts, my daughter came home from school today and couldn't wait to tell me that a good friend of hers had 20!!!worms in her you know what! Apparently that can happen when you eat bad raw meat - what the call American, (spelling?) here funny enough or prepèrè - or steak tartar. That, my friends, is one of the reasons I totally avoid the stuff. The main reason is that it is DISGUSTING! Don't forget I was a vegetarian for more than 15 years. There will always be some meats I stay far away from. As Marv once said: "It's bad for worms!"
I have something on my mind but surprisingly it is something I am quite ashamed of --even though I can't control it and it isn't my fault - or a fault at all for that matter - but it is something I surprisingly don't feel all that comfortable talking about. Imagine that! My having shame. So here I must break through it! I have mentioned it before here so I don't know why I am being shy now. Anyway - tomorrow I begin a year-long process of permanent hair removal on some parts of my face. It'll be with VPL lasers. They'll burn the hairs out. It's once every six weeks for a year. It's freaking expensive. But it needs doing. The nice thing about talking about it is once I tell someone about it I start to hear more and more stories of people with the same problem and I don't feel as ashamed or as alone with it. It's stupid really and no big deal yet the shame/stigma about it can be huge. Women are just not expected to have hair on their faces. It's never nice to see. This is the society we live in. It's like pimples all over your chin when you are in your 30s - yucky - misplaced. But when you start looking around you see pimples on so many older women's chins. Hair too. So why am I ashamed. I wish I weren't. I'm going to try to write about this long process of my getting rid of this hair because maybe just maybe some of you out there have the same problem and maybe just maybe seeing that you aren't alone will make your shame go away too! I know, I know, I'm making it sound bigger than it is. It's like hemorrhoids! So many people have them and suffer from them and feel ashamed of them but it's just not a topic people talk about so the shame stays. If only we could all talk about EVERYTHING and lift all those taboos. There would be so much less shame about EVERYTHING! If only Cosmo or Glamour or Flair or all those other magazines had lead articles about face hair and hemorrhoids! Anyway - I could go on and on but I won't and by the way, I do have facial hair but I don't have rhoids! Not for years and years anyway! hahahahahaha - not that I'm ashamed or anything :-)!

Stay tuned for the laser-hair removal saga starting officially tomorrow! I'll never take a photo of it up close for you all to see though - not until it's all gone anyway! See, even I have limits and borders!!!!! Barely, yet still! Then again, never say never. Maybe all my facial hair shame will deflate and I'll be more than happy to show you close up photos of my burnt hair follicles! I bet you can't wait for that! Especially you ASG!!! Maybe I'm on to something here. I dare everyone to leave an anonymous comment or reveal yourself - whatever - but in Post Secret fashion, leave a comment saying what your biggest shame is. Let's break these damn taboos and talk about everything!!!!!!! Come on - go for it! I challenge you! And ASG - you had better not write that you are most ashmed of ----(drum-roll) me! hahahahaha

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed that I still sleep with a security blanket.

Anonymous said...

I feel ashamed of the fact that I need so much attention from men to feel good about myself.

Anonymous said...

I hate the dark circles under my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I bit my toe fingernails until I was a tennager and still want to but I don't because I am too ashamed.

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of hair on my face too!

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

Wow! Good job people! Keep it up! -SRA :-)

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

HAHA - just fooling you all! Now it's your turn! Yes, I'm very ashamed I tried to trick you with false comments. I hang my head low. But now it's your turn!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed that until I was 12, I showered with my swim trunks on, because I thought there was an eye in the showerhead, always looking at me!

--Chris Elliott

Anonymous said...

WOW. Thanks for all the personal notes. I had no idea I was the worst criticizer of your gross sharing habit. Must be remnants of a convo we had in July? Personally, I've decided that your 'habit' must stem from a deep seeded desire to be Catholic and 'confess'. heheheehehe. How does that get your goat? So confess away deary. I'm following the whole hair removal saga with bated breath.

Much Love,
ASG (aka 'the prude')