Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday 01 July 2007: It's First of the Month Flashback at Face The Day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ASG!!!!!

Sarah says:
Above you can see two things - that I am very tired this morning with very tiny, crusty eyes and that the sun was beaming through my window. Now it looks like it will rain so there goes the nice SUNday! You can also see my new haircut in its "bedhead" glory. Not bad. Not bad at all! Last night Wout told me in his very honest way that no matter what haircut I get, my hair always looks exactly the same anyway. That it is hard to even see that I got a haircut. He says it is because of my long, right bangs (very clear in photo above). It just makes my frontal view unchanging. But I can't cut that piece of hair shorter. If I do, it curls up into an arch and goes all 1980s on me. So I guess I'll just have to deal with the fact that I always look exactly the same no matter how hard I try to make a little difference with a haircut or whatever. Oh well, there are worse things to worry about I guess... SUCH AS...Man - I'm not even going to get into the terrorism attempts in The UK. We live in one seriously screwed up world. It is so hard to even fathom these acts -- that there are people out there willing to just blow up and kill a bunch of innocent people. It is so fuc*ed up! We all just have to go on living and pretend we are safe from such attacks and just hope, like now, such attacks get stopped before they really explode. It's just so freaking beyond comprehension. Hard to wrap one's thoughts around. Hard to live with the idea that these fuc*ers out there are really trying to kill whomever they can to make some point that will make the world an even more terror-ble place! I'm afraid to read the headlines each morning now.
As it is the 1st of the month I'm going to have to find Heidi today and take a photo of us together for comparison to last year's photo on this day, which you can see below. I also had to include the photo from last year on the 2nd of July because in it you can really see Heidi's pregnant belly! my a lot has changed between then and now. I'm sure such photos make Heidi nostalgic to that period in her life. Not me - all I am reminded of is of how much back pain I had at that very second and the miserable diet I was on to lose weight before my operation. Now Heidi has Yma to show for it and I have a fixed back. A lot can change in a year! Heidi was stuck at home with very early contractions. Most of her time a year ago was spent resting, reading and sun-bathing on her roof terrace. It was hard to feel sorry for her! Check this link to see what we were thinking a year ago today, and this link to see what was on our minds a year ago and a day today... and this link to see my fave Post Secret of all time which I put on here a year ago and three days today...

Sarah adds:
And below you can see Face The Day Star, ASG, in one of her wedding shots from Scotland last weekend! Today is her birthday and we here at Face The Day wish her a GREAT and SATISFYING one full of good stuff and fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASG!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
:-)
asg