Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday 02 July 2007: Heidi and Sarah have curiously dumb faces today, diarrhea and very little to offer the world apart from various excretions...

Sarah says:
One of us has bad stomach problems today and the other more minor ones. Can you guess who has it worse from the above photo? To make this guessing game harder, both of us have bad headaches today. One of us has our period but that is easy as I have no shame and no secrets really. And one of us had vomit all over us yesterday. Who do you think? One of us had to wash a lot of snot off a bottom pants cuff today. Who would that have been? Both of us had eye-cocky today no doubt. And that's about it really! I told you we had nothing useful to offer today! Below is a photo from this morning that I took in case Heidi and I didn't get the chance to have a photo together. Notice there is no hangy piece of bang flapping about in the middle of my forehead for once. Sadly in the above photo there is a major piece of inescapable bang. Indeed my hair looks exactly the same as ever sadly.

Last piece of disturbing news is that there are no new Post Secret entries yet this week. I wonder why! Maybe Frank, the guy who makes the site, is sick or something. Diarrhea is going around big time you know! Anyway, I just discovered this My Space Post Secret site - so I have taken two Post Secret entries from there in the meantime to post this week. I like the one about being crazy and being fine with that but feeling like nobody really knows what that means and what a struggle it is. I don't feel crazy right now but I sure have in the past at times during my teenage years and you just get through it but it is very lonely and you feel very misunderstood. There are so many people out there who suffer from some sort of mental illness or major struggle. They have to function much of the time and that can really be a struggle - one that those of us who feel "stable" surely take for granted. Anyway - the post card art itself is very telling and beautiful. We all live on our own islands like the person in that chair. We all feel like misfits at one time or another. Sometimes all of our thoughts are too much..

As for the below Post Secret (My Space) card - I can relate to that one for sure too. When I was a teenager, man oh man did I like the edgy rockstar boys. Everyone I saw was a potential crush. But I too often and mostly felt like the fat, ugly girl not worthy of attention and love - certainly not from the cool, edgy guys. I fell in love with anyone really - anyone who gave me the slightest bit of male attention. Sad but true! Being a teenager was wonderful and difficult. All that drama. I have no idea why those teenage years are so much on my mind right now...

No comments: