Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday 30 June continued... Sarah gets the famous Jan “Zoane” Vandenbussche as a Face The Day guest and meets her new neighbors Wout and Alexander!

Sarah says:
I don't know if we have ever had Jan “ZoaneVandenbussche's mulle on Face The Day but it's about time we did. Tonight I went to the Gèsman gig at my neighborhood's yearly feast. It was a great concert actually. I saw them in De Kreun a while back and didn't enjoy that gig nearly as much as I did this one. It was nice to have them all to ourselves on the next street over! Gèsman has a bunch of gigs coming up soon. Check them out if you can. You might recall Gèsman himself (aka Steven Vervaecke) being a guest on Face The Day not too long ago.
Anyway - Heidi is a big fan of Zoane too so it's too bad she wasn't at our neighborhood feast to be in this photo too!!!! Zoane is known for many old and new bands around town, especially The Feather, which has some cult sort of status in these here parts but was before my time here. Besides his face and the fact that he looks like a bunch of rock stars rolled up into one, Zoane has some "legend" status among some circles. Thank you dear Zoane for gracing our Face The Day pages tonight.


Sarah adds: Sorry for the ugly photo above but I just wanted to show you what having one's leg-hair sugared looks like. It's a big warm, sticky ball of a sugar jelly mix that gets pressed and rolled onto your body hair and on the third press gets ripped off, grabbing the hair with it. All that hair you see in the above photo is now gone. Getting my bikini area done today hurt like freaking hell to be honest. Much more painful than regular waxing. But with that said, the results appear to be much better than those with standard hot waxing. The skin is smooth - not all red and raised and bumpy! My legs would be fine too if there weren't so many ingrown hairs -- but over time, sugaring is supposed to help get rid of those as well. Ann at Botee in Kortrijk does a great job. I go again next Saturday for a final test session to see if the underneath the skin hair will come out. I hope so! I'd love to not have to shave in the summer. I always end up shaving between waxings during the warmer weather because my dang hair is so dark and so course I wouldn't dare wear shorts or a skirt with any of it visible. I wish I didn't care about these things - it would be so much easier not to. But alas, I do. So I am finding my ways to be gone with the hairy beast side of myself!

And finally Sarah adds one last thing... That's Alexander and Wout!!! You know them! They are regulars here on Face The Day. Heidi's best mates. And now as of today I am so happy to say they are our neighbors!!!! They moved around the corner today and live like 3 minutes away from me and from Heidi! They showed up at the Gèsman gig in OUR neighborhood tonight. I was so happy to see them there as the new kids on the block! I hope they love living in this area. It's such a fabulous place to live. And their being here makes it even better!

No comments: