Monday, May 28, 2007

Monday 28 May 2007: Heidi and Sarah have a colorful day at the Sinksenfeest in Kortrijk where Sarah captures Heidi's crew and Gèsman as guests on FTD!

Sarah says:
Above you can see Heidi being a DJ at De Kreun in Kortrijk. I popped in quickly just to snap a photo of her good busy. What she was playing sounded really good. I felt like dancing! But parent-duty called and I had to return to keep an eye on my kid and her friends splashing around in a big fountain on the theater square. Doesn't Heidi look a little too happy above - in a good way but nonetheless she looks a bit mad, nuts, no?! (haha)

Today was a fun day in Kortrijk. A free day! No work! Just fun, fun, fun. Fun in the sense of being out and about and running into a million people we know at every stop along the way. It wasn't a spectacular Sinksenfeest this year in terms of seeing concerts or going to good parties or watching really good street shows. In fact, I didn't get to see much of anything. I basically just walked around a lot and ran into people all weekend and bought some junky stuff along the way and watched my kid and her friends play, play, play. Kortrijk is such a fabulous little city and great place to live. It feels safe. I am so glad my kid is growing up here. It's so comforting to walk down the streets and see that she knows so many people and feels free to say hi to them and they to her and we to them and them to us.

Below you can see Gèsman aka Steven Vervaecke. Listen to Gèsman and check out their upcoming tour dates via this link, though if you speak English you won't understand a frackin thing. In his band, from Kortrijk, he sings in West-Vlaams. You hear them on the radio a lot and Kortrijk is quite proud of them. I have always wanted a picture with Gèsman on Face The Day so when I ran into him at a bar today I thought, now's my chance! Doesn't he have some serious blue eyes! Notice he's wearing a Goose tee-shirt. Goose is another band that comes from Kortrijk. Very good stuff indeed. Have a listen to some of their songs via this link! You can also see their upcoming gigs all over Belgium, France, Holland, England, Japan.

Below you can see some Heidi-related people that I ran into on my way back to De Kreun after my parent duty was finished. That's the famous Wout with Heidi's sister Nathalie and my kid looking like one hell of an oddball family! (again in a good way - haha). They were just hanging out at a pink, fluffy bar sipping champagne - all dressed up with nowhere to go! I have to thank them here for posing for this picture. I like to catch Heidi's family and friends on Face The Day because Heidi carries her camera with her less and less these days ever since she started carrying her baby more and more! So it's my duty to get her people on here so that I don't dominate Face The Day with all my stuff and so it's not all about me, me, me!
Here I am below (me, me, me!!!! haha) with Wout again and Alexander - my very soon to be neighbors!!!!!!! I can't wait to ring their bell and bring them some sugar and a fresh-baked cake to welcome them into our neighborhood. They bought a frackin lovely house around the corner so I'm sure I'll see them around a lot, which is nice! They are swell guys who will bring some more goodness to this fab neighborhood of ours. Heidi will be so pleased I'm sure to have them closer by because now they live much further away. Viva our neighborhood!!!! Viva Alexander and Wout!
And last but not least - I leave you with this photo of those awful/wonderful shoes Crocs. We gave into peer pressure and bought our daughter the green pair you see below. All her firends have them, she said and begged and so we just caved in and got 'em for her Saturday. She and her friends looked like a clan of freaky elves with them all in different colors today. They did come in handy as they splashed around in a fountain. But I don't know, something about them is just ugly and big and awkward and lumpy. Not for me - though other people sure look good in them - but never me with my size 10 feet (42!). No Sirree...Oh yeah! I forgot the below photo. Sorry, I am being a bit excessive today with all these photos. Anyway - at the end of today we were walking home this evening and the street fair was all gone along with the flea market and we saw this sad little bear just lying all alone in the middle of the sidewalk - abandoned and neglected and left behind unnoticed. We just had to take it home with us and give it a new home - even if it was in a dog's mouth half the day for example! We will never know its history but it doesn't matter. It's now got a new home!

And so we come to the end of Sinksen weekend and now it's time to watch Battlestar Galactica!

No comments: