Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday 1 March 2007: Heidi and Sarah are just blowing in the wind and Sarah has loads of fun with her kid and welcome to FLASHBACK 1ST OF THE MONTH!


Sarah says:
Heidi came over for lunch today after I had a physio-therapy appointment to start my day. Man did we have good food. Here's what we made: pan-fried minute steaks in seeded brown baguettes cooked in the oven garnished with a small mix of sour cream and avocado paste layered with Parmesan slivers with rocket salad (ruccola?), tomatoes and pan-sizzled red-pepper, onion and mushroom slices drizzled on top. It sounds devilish but it's actually pretty healthy and oh my my was it really plenty good. I suggest you all have it for dinner! It only takes 15 minutes maximum to make and it fills you up right.
YMA flipped around on the floor as we ate and chit-chatted away as usual. It's amazing Heidi and I still find things to talk about. You'd think by now we would have run out of things to say to each other - just like any good married couple! But alas - not yet. We basically babble from start to finish. Never a dull moment or a lull in the conversation. (by the way - I still think it's funny that "lull" means penis in Dutch. So does "lid" - well actually that means "member" but is used to mean penis a lot in Dutch. I'm sorry I have such juvenile Beavis and Butthead humor as well as get caught up in the gross and scatological funny stuff too. I hope I don't offend. I actually think I might be a 13-year old boy at heart!).

Speaking of age, I just took a "real age" test via an Internet site someone told me about. I don't have the results yet. They will come to my email in about an hour. I am curios. There were very specific questions involved and it took about 15 minutes to complete. You have to give your email address to do it and then have patience. Here is the link to the "Real Age Test" if you are interested and have time. Share your results with us! I will when mine come through. Oh funny - as I wrote that I saw a pop-up that I got an email from the Real age site. One moment please.

Today, March 1, 2007, your Real Age is 36.4!

  • I need to increase my vitamin E, C and Calcium intake
  • I need to get my cholesterol levels checked as I could only estimate
  • I need to add more Omega-3 fatty acids to my diet and more fish
  • I need to eat more foods rich in Potassium
  • I need to eat more veggies, fruit and fiber
  • I need to exercise more
  • I need to decrease my BMI
  • I need to drive 5 mph slower
  • I should buy a bigger car next time
  • I need to floss every day
  • My car needs air bags

The good news is my family and social life brings me good health, the results said - and I will be 36 this year and just had major back surgery so it seems I am doing okay if I am only estimated a year and a half older than I actually am! If my dad is reading this he'll probably email me boasting to say his real age test results showed him to be a lot younger than his actual age! My answer to that is I'm getting there too now that my back pain is gone! I can't wait to get in shape and to live long!

Welcome to 1st of the month Flashback at Heidi and Sarah Face The Day! Below you can see how we looked and what we were up to a year ago exactly. Click on this link to get directly to our Face The Day page from a year ago today. I'd say we look better today!

And last but not least (yes I do realize how long-winded I am getting here on Face The Day lately... That will change in about a month when I have no or little time for this so there will be relief from all this soon enough. I promise you that, though if you read this far, you must not really mind and you'll probably miss all of this blabber... Anyway - as I was saying - last but not least - check out the photos below of all the fun my kid and I had last night playing beauty shop. She wanted curly hair so I dug out all these curlers Heidi gave me once upon a time and got to work on my daughter's hair. She slept with the things in and you can see the results below. She was so happy last night and this morning. She is so enjoying having her mommy at home and in relaxed-mode. I think it will be harder for her than for me when I go back to work. Though at first it will be very hard for me. This is the first time in my and her lives together that I am not working and she's getting the best of me. It's really lovely. Somehow I have to learn to incorporate this less-stressy world into my life and home when I do return to work. It really does make for a happier home and a fuller heart as well as a lighter head. Somehow I'll have to learn to shut off the outside world and all its pressures when I return to real-life in terms of my at-home and my family time. Any suggestions out there or is it really not possible?!

No comments: