Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday 31 January 2010: It's the last day of Sarah's sick-leave and flash diet and time to go back to the land of the living and working!!!

Sarah says:
I am so glad I go back to work tomorrow! Three weeks is long to be in the hospital and then on bed-rest! I miss fresh air and working and people! I feel good. Ready! And also as if I have lost some weight this week thanks to the "flash diet!" This week I will still take it easy physically but next week I hope to start riding my bike again and using the cross-trainer. I will keep up my diet of course as I still have a long way to go! I almost look forward to being weighed on Tuesday night. I'm not even sure I will weigh less than the last weigh-in a few weeks before I went into the hospital because definitely gained some weight in the hospital and in the week or so after. But I am on the good and right track again and feel great - other than a little back pain here and there!
Above you can see what I ate today (in my attempt to lose weight - I'm posting photos of what I eat everyday for a week - today is the last day of the photo taking and it has been fun and great and worthwhile I highly recommend it).
In the above photo you can see:
Breakfast at 11 am: (it's Sunday after all!): finally got some more frozen blueberries in the house again so did my favorite - all bran, frozen blueberries, flax seed, almond slices and light soy milk with a cup of coffee with light soy milk
Lunch/Snack at 2pm: a big bowl of the carrot, chick-pea, coriander soup I made yesterday and a pieces of toast with nothing on it.
Snack at 2:30pm: First look at what I didn't eat in the photo with the red X's over the photo!! I didn't eat the great-looking cakes that we serve to our guests today but instead avoided them by eating an apple, a banana and cherry 0%fat/sugar yogurt with some more flax seed and two smaller cups of coffee with light soy milk
Dinner at 6:30pm: homemade hutsepot made of carrots, potatoes, celery, sprouts and cabbage mixed with a few small pieces of chicken breast with spices + a small plate of broccoli with a dash of soy sauce/white wine/orange juice/ginger sauce from the salmon lunch I had prepared for tomorrow's lunch and a little later 1/4 of a Sinterklaas bread with a little light butter, half a slice of light Swiss cheese and spices
Drinks all day: Full Brinta = 3 liters! of water which I drank all day long
Exercise: not much due to my back - next week I hope to start moving again!
That's all! And it's now over! The diet will go on but only with a few photos here and there!

No comments: