Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday 24 August 2008: Sarah's kid is back but soon to be gone again! Yma is loved more than she'll ever know!


Heidi says: my sunday: fleamarkets and BBQ and 'aircastels'. Yma had so much fun and so did we! In the evening, I cleaned Yma's little face with Mustela milk and put her in a nice warm bath with 'goodnight bath gel', changed her bed sheets and put on her new pyjamas. She fell asleep in five minutes. Being a mum can be so wonderful. I love Yma more than I can ever tell...

Sarah says:
This little bunny of mine was away all week at her grandparents' and then at a friend's and today she's leaving for a one week sleep away camp and I miss this lovely lady so much that I can't wait until Friday when she's back and life goes back to usual. Well - sort of usual anyway. In a week from tomorrow, my husband starts a new job that will have him home later at night so that will be a change for us. But I do look forward to having my daughter back home as she has been away a lot this summer! This morning the three of us had a nice breakfast together finally and today we are spending a lazy day together until she leaves for camp. She's been having a great summer. And I shouldn't complain because the first month gave us loads of family time together. But now the days are getting a little shorter and darker and colder and it's time to family-up again! It's not that I'm dying for the summer to end but I do look forward to a more regular schedule again.
And now time for my fave Post Secret's of the week. I guess I'm in parent-mode as you can also see above. I liked these tow postcards. The first about how being a parent defines you - and how the stretch marks are worth it! My back operation was worth it. Every single bit about it all was worth it to have this amazing 9 year old in my life and in my husband's life and in our lives together.

And the second card below about good fathers are a great thing to see! I agree 100%. There's few things nicer than watching fathers taking good care of their kids. My husband is such a good father. I love watching him in that role. It's probably the most important one of his life. For that alone, I chose well!


No comments: