Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday 14 February 2008: Happy Heart-less Day from Heidi, Sarah and Billy Bragg...


Sarah says:
Heidi and I give you our hearts on this Valentine's Day! So does PJ Harvey below!
I would like to wish all you men out there a nice blowy (said in the voice of the Little Britain character) tonight and all you women a little extra attention today! As much as so many of us pretend we don't want to pay any special attention to our big love on these days - we all want love, we all want to be told we are loved, we all want some nice sign of being loved. And yeah - we want that everyday - but February 14th can bring that longing just a little bit more to the surface - even for the cold-hearted of us perhaps.

Sarah adds:
I just want to say loud and clear that I love my husband so much - almost as much as I love Marv really! My husband is such a good one. I feel lucky to have him. I really do. Life can be so fleeting. I am so glad I have the past with him and now. One can never be certain at all about the future.

I dedicate the below Billy Bragg song to him just because he's such a Billy Bragg fan - not because I'm planning on leaving him because he's a rotten bastard or anything like that... He's a goody and he loves Billy Bragg far more than he loves me so here you go Marv - this one is for you! (By the way - neither Marv nor my husband reads this blog so I am talking to air right now...)

Billy Bragg: Valentine's Day Is over

Some day boy you'll reap what you've sown
You'll catch a cold and you'll be on your own
And you will see that what's wrong with me
Is wrong with everyone that
You want to play your little games on

Poetry and flowers pretty words and threats
You've gone to the dogs again and i'm not placing bets
On you coming home tonight anything but blind
If you take me for granted then you must expect to find
Surprise, surprise

Valentine's day is over, it's over
Valentine's day is over

If you want to talk about it well you know where the phone is
Don't come round reminding me again how brittle bone is
God didn't make you an angel the devil made you a man
That brutality and economy are related now i understand
When will you realise that as above so below there is no love

For the girl with the hour glass figure
Time runs out very fast
We used to want the same things but that's all in the past
And lately it seems that as it all gets tougher
Your ideal of justice just becomes rougher and rougher

Thank you for the things you bought me thank you for the card
Thank you for the things you taught me when you hit me hard
That love between two people must be based on understanding
Until that's true you'll find your things
All stacked out on the landing, surprise, surprise

No comments: