Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday 14 August 2007: Heidi and Sarah have undergone a drastic makeover to celebrate their being back together on an almost daily basis again!



Sarah says:
Don't you love our new looks? My favorite part is that I finally have even skin and you can no longer see my pizza face!
By the way, I went to the doctor last night and he doesn't think I have a hernia, which is great news, though we can't be sure. I certainly at minimum have a really bad muscle strain and the blocking is moving up my back into my neck and shoulders because I am holding myself awkwardly to avoid pain. I had stopped the pain killers I was taking because as usual they were making me sick to my stomach. I could tolerate the back pain but not the stomach trouble. So now the doctor put me on pain killers that shouldn't hurt my stomach too badly as they go directly for the brain. I can feel them working on my brain. It's so strange. Makes me feel a bit dizzy and sleepy. At night I also have to take a total muscle relaxer pill which it turns out is also an anti-anxiety/ panic-attack pill. I learned that by searching it on the internet. The doctor said my body has to relax or the strain on my back will get worse - hence the heavy pills to totally relax my body and mind. I hate pills but right now I will take anything to help me heal and to avoid operations, etcetera. Last night I slept well and without pain and my back feels looser today. It still hurts badly - but I can walk better and sitting isn't killing me. The doctor says I have to take all the pain killers - meaning not stop taking them before they are done over 10 days - and he thinks I will feel better simply because the swelling will go down as I relax more and as the swelling goes down, any infection there might be will go away, and as I sleep more, my body will heal better, etcetera. If this all works, I'll be so happy!!!!! These pills are habit-forming so I have to stop them just as soon as I can! I also have to go back to the physical therapist for 20 more back massages. After that I can begin taking Pilates sessions to strengthen my back muscles. So it all sounds okay - other than the damn pills - but as I say - my goal is to get rid of the pain and be able to just get on with it so if they help - fantastic!

It's great to have Heidi back on a more daily basis! That alone cheers me up! Or maybe I'm just high from these pills!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hey nice cleave!