Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday 18 August 2007: De grootste krotekedul voor de baby



Heidi says: We made 'de grootste krotekedul' for yma and she loves it! See our nice atmosphere at Nico's birthday party and the shirts I made for him (well, I only did the painting...).
Now something totally different. It is happening again. I feel nostalgic about last year. The weather is changing, the light outside is different, it is dark earlier in the evening, it feels like autumn is coming and I haven't really felt the summer yet. Why is the time flying like this? But that is not all... I mostly feel nostalgic about last year, because I was pregnant then, lying on our terrace roof, waiting for Yma to come. The time went so slow, and if I think about then, I really had cosy times. I even realised that then: I remember telling my friend Wout that it was hard sometimes, to have to lie down all the time and to be bored like this, but that later I would feel nostalgic about that time. I was right. Now I feel a bit lonely. No one can share this feeling with me. No one can understand what is going through my head. Year after year I think that I will grow up, and that I will become less and less nostalgic and mellow. But it stays. Maybe it's not about being adult. Maybe that is just who I am... I will have to learn to live with it. And why not? Maybe it is a beautiful thing to be nostalgic about the past, and to be grateful...

No comments: