Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday 11 July 2007: Sarah celebrates Flanders National Holiday in Kortrijk at the symbolic 1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs statue and makes fish!

Sarah says:
Hey Heidi - why don't you upload a photo of your self from home deary? We miss you here.
Above you see me below the commemorative 1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs statue, Kortrijk and Flanders one claim to fame. Today, the 11th of July, is the Flanders National Holiday. Some people get a little nationalistic on this day - for example, the right-wing party sort of claims it as their own holiday - but it has greater meaning than that. Here you can read a little about what goes on with this day in mind. We headed into the center today because there was some kids' stuff going on but it wasn't that exciting really so I ended up going shopping with my daughter and mother-in-law and my brother and my husband and my father-in-law went to some exhibits in the city. Non-eventful day but man oh man did I make some good fish for dinner, which you can see below. Such an easy recipe and such a great taste! Tonight I think I'll force my brother to watch Borat. He hasn't seen it. Every Jewish person with a sense of humor should. Every person with a sense of humor should actually! It's just funny. Borat is so simple and lovable really...
Tomorrow I was planning to take my brother to Ieper but forget that!! The Queen of England is going to be in Ieper tomorrow. As much as I would love to be there when she is, the traffic will be crazy and the place will be packed. I think I'll go Friday or Monday instead. So I guess it will be Brugge again or Gent perhaps. We'll see! I'm kind of bored of all these cities. But that's what you do when you have visitors and I always have fun walking around outside.
Oh - I forgot to say that though I had no pain during my bike ride yesterday and I have no pain today - last night as soon as I got into bed I did have that awful leg feeling going on for a long time -- the same one I had just after my operation which stayed for a while but finally went away with time. Well -- sadly it came back due to the riding I guess, which sucks. Seems I have to take things slow still. That's frustrating! I'm getting more out of shape then ever again and feeling fatter again and unfit. I was hoping that bike riding would be a start of something good but man did my legs hurt last night and it wasn't just muscle pain. It felt like that same damn nerve reactivated. I had to take a pain-killer. It was the first pain-killer I have had since my operation. It made me sad to take it. I guess I'd like to believe I am stronger than ever because I feel so good - but I suppose it's important to be reminded sometimes that I have limits and have to be aware of them. Oh well.... I can still bike ride but perhaps at a slower pace and fewer miles.

and last but not least, I meant "cleavage" yesterday, not cleaage! Sorry no cleavage or cleaage today ASG!!! And who left the other comment yesterday? I can't figure it out!

No comments: