Sunday, June 03, 2007

Saturday 02 June Continued: Heidi and Sarah take over Brugge for the night to celebrate Sarah's Birthday and act like silly 13 year old boys...


Sarah says:
So above is our first photo in Brugge and today's actual Face The Day shot. The weather was grand - a nice, mild evening. Heidi and Nico hooked me up with a nice book, two pots of fresh strawberries and a Borat DVD!!!! They also found a great Album cover in red with my name on it apart from one letter. All very lovely and kind of them!
We went to Brugge for some Indian food - Heidi's first Indian food! It was okay. Not splendid but still fun! The Belgian Indian food that I have tried here just doesn't compare to what I have had in New York and London. But oh well. It was tasty anyway.
After we ate we just wandered around Brugge and took stupid photos of ourselves and went to a bar. It was a fun night. As much as Heidi and I see each other, it's rare for us to go out together at night. So this was a joy.

Above you can see a very beautiful spot in Brugge and out stupid heads...


This is a duck we ran into on the street and felt solidarity with...


This woman was very happy to let us pose with her. Very affectionate...


Too bad you can't really see it, but that's Belgian Chocolate behind us at The Chocolate Line Shop. It's a great shop with special stuff such as tea-chocolate. Isn't that Johnny Depp? What's he doing there? Anyway - man did that chocolate remind me of why I live here!

The above photo is only to show you Heidi's amazingly beautiful new dress which she wears oh so well! Nico's suit isn't bad either! What a pretty couple, no? If only they were smiling!



Heidi will have to tell you who the guy above was. We ran into him on our way back to the car - already on the 3rd of June by then I think - just after midnight or so anyway. He's a bass player from Belgium named Slim. A Rockabilly bass player she knows. He put on his best sideways smile for us. Look how tired Heidi and I looked by then. We are getting old man... I am anyway. I look all bloated - maybe because my first present today was my period! Or maybe I ate too much...

Anyway, I had a fab birthday. I lost at air hockey though. I sucked at it!!!! I have to improve my game somehow. Heidi and I are going to have to go to the bowling alley on our lunch breaks so that I can practice air hockey and start winning again. Even my daughter beat me in one game!!! The shame! The shame! Today - now it's the 3rd by the way as I write this - today I'm going to a big birthday celebration. It's my father-in-laws birthday today. It was my brother-in laws birthday last week and it's his son's birthday next week. So we have a lot of celebrating and eating to do today! I think I will explode from all this eating and get a fat head again!

No comments: