Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday 13 May Part 2: Sarah celebrates Mother's Day with a kid-made pancake, a lot of porto and her mother-in-law...

Sarah says:
My daughter and her friends who slept over surprised me with the below breakfast for Mother's Day. It warmed my heart! So very lovely of her - especially because her dad is away right now. He left a lovely card for me that you can see below with hearts and roses. My daughter made me a necklace out of macaroni - a good old gift! After I took my daughter's friends home and I stayed at their house for a while and drank 2 big glasses or port. I left their house a bit drunk - you can perhaps see my tipsy-ness in the photo way down below with my mother-in-law. I went and had Belgian fries with my daughter for lunch and the whole time my daughter was laughing at me because my cheeks were red and I seemed a little drunk!

Sarah adds: Below you can see my husband's mother. She is an amazing person! I am so happy she is my mother-in-law. She's so friendly, talented, supportive and helpful. She offers unconditional love to me and her son of course and our daughter. She's the best! We are about to happily head off to my friend Carmen's house. Carmen is back from Russia for the weekend and the three of us will do coffee!
Below if my favorite Post Secret of the week about a kid thanking his mom for the mullet he grew up with. Mullets are like farts - just funny for no explainable reason really - something and nothing to be ashamed of all at the same time. Not done yet so done. I love mullets actually. They are pretty special. When I was a kid, I basically had Heidi's haircut for years and years and years. Below the Post Secret postcard you can see a photo of my least favorite haircut as a kid. I remember well that my mom was on the phone doing her own thing and I was desperate for her to cut my bangs - but she wasn't paying any attention to me - so I took the scissors and cut my bangs myself. Thanks mom! Whoops - I couldn't find the photo I was talking about so below I offer you a look at my helmet-head, my lopsided-loopy look, my cut-my-hair-like-Eddie-Van-Halen style and my Not-sure-if-I-am-a-hippy-or??? mulle.... Notice my Van Halen necklace too! And my Star Wars shirt (can't really see it in pic) and my Holly Hobby tee-shirt! I was always a trend-setter! Hahaha - Oh - and don't miss my caterpillar eyebrows!

No comments: