Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday 14 May 2007: Heidi and Sarah have no wind beneath their wings today – 5 months exactly since Sarah had back surgery!!



Sarah says:
It’s another we’re ugly day over here in Heidi and Sarah land (and I mean ugly on the inside - not outside Heidtje!). Just one of those days where we both feel like rag dolls. We are raging a bit – as if we both have our periods but we don’t. I’m convinced it is due to the wind. I have had enough wind for months!!! And I am not talking about the intestinal kind. I’m referring to the real wind outside that is like a fist on our dumb heads all day long. There’s like less oxygen in the air these days – I can feel it. And my dang cough is back. I am not even a smoker but I get smoker’s cough all the time! As I have said before, I will die from it one day. I will choke to death on my cough in my sleep – it will feel like I am drowning – my lungs will not be able to expectorate the gravel within them fast enough – I’ll gasp and gasp for air and not want to go that way but I won’t have a choice. It won’t be pretty – but I am prepared for it already kind of! They will miss me when I am gone and they had better play really good music at my funeral and say nice things about me!!! Hahaha – I am just playing – sort of. Last night it did feel a little like death during my sleep. I woke up around 3am from it and made my way to the cough medicine. It seems to be helping so I am happy about that. As a kid, I couldn’t get enough codeine in me! Anyway – next to that, all is well and life is grand and we feel nuts and IT’S BEEN EXACTLY 5 MONTHS SINCE MY BACK OPERATION AND I FEEL AMAZINGLY STRONG AND GREAT AND THANKFUL AND HAPPY AND LUCKY!!!! I am on top of the world to be honest, rain or wind or deadly cough or whatever. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Heidi says: I don't feel ugly... Why is Sarah saying that? I am raging though. Very manic. I am going to spin tonight and that is very very necessary! I need to clear my head and get fresh energy. Stopping the breastfeeding definitely helped me to get more alive again, but it's not perfect yet.

No comments: