Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday 31 January 2007: Sarah and her Flamingo puppet friend send Heidi their greetings on this very sunny day!


Sarah says:

Good news: back hurts less after going to sleep at 9:30pm last night and resting a lot. Bad news: Must continue to really take it easy, which as you know is very hard when full of energy. It would be easier indeed if I always felt as off and tired as yesterday because then I could simply just listen to what my body was telling me. Mostly it tells me I feel great since the prosthetic disc was placed in my spine back in mid-December! Other news: Meet my mom's flamingo puppet. Heidi is a flamingo fan so this particular photo is for Heidi. Flamingo puppet sends you its greetings Heiditje and hopes you are having a great day and looks forward to feeding you good stuff tomorrow a lunch! No news: I am totally loving the following CD right now: Johnny Cash - American III. Nick Cave's The Mercy Seat is just amazing! That is the first Johnny Cash cover I heard a long while back and it grabbed me so fast by the gut. The lyrics are fantastic but it is the way the Man in Black (Cash not Cave) sings it like he means it that gets me! You can hear a sample of it via this link. I also can't ever stop playing Nick Cave's CD And No More Shall We Part. I love how on that CD, Cave keeps asking where his nurse is! It conjures up such images of need. My absolute favorite song on that CD is called Sweetheart Come. It is one of my favorite love songs of all time actually. It is so very moving. You can hear a tiny bit of it and the whole CD at via this link. And now I shall part...

2 comments:

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

thank you Sarah!!! Nice flamingo! Makes me think of Yma :))

Anonymous said...

I was just listening to nick cave's version of "mercy seat" saturday. in fact, i played that song twice. I would say the best song about the death penalty. elvis costello's "let him dangle" a close second and then johnny's (aka man in black) "24 minutes to go" - did dylan ever do a death penalty song? don't think so. hmmmmm.
fej