Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday 12 May 2009 : Heidi and Sarah are Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

Sarah says:
Pink Floyd says it best at this point:
"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the
way...."


Just started the above book: Oracle Night by Paul Auster.... Starts with these lines:

"I had been sick for a long time. When the day came for me to leave the
hospital, I barely knew how to walk anymore, could barely remember who I was
supposed to be. Make an effort, the doctor said, and in three or four months
you'll be back in the swing of things. I didn't believe him, but I followed his
advice anyway. They had given me up for dead, and now that I had confounded
their predictions and mysteriously failed to die, what choice did I have but to
live as though a future life were waiting for me?"

Just finished the above book with great title and okay content: How To Lose Friends and Alientate People by Toby Young... I recommend it to those interested in journalism, celebrity, Vanity Fair magazine and comparisons between life in London and life in New York... Ends with these nice lines:
"Some people are lucky enough to stumble across the right path straight away;
most of us only discover what the right one is by going down the wrong one
first..."



No comments: