Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wednesday 01 October 2008: We'll skip flashback 1st of the month this time and just celebrate the first birthday of our office!!!!

There we are! Heidi and Sarah of Sound Performance Benelux at your service for one whole year already! We are happy and proud and ready to go into our second year with lots of energy!!!
There we are above today with our 1 balloon to celebrate birthday number 1! And there we are below one year ago today plus one day on the 2nd of October 2007 in our first ever office photo. Sadly we forgot to take a photo exactly one year ago today, which is rare. We must have been too busy setting up our office that day. Now we have a full year behind us! We are still so full of enthusiasm! It's been a challenging but great year! We rarely, if ever, mention work on here. But today we can and we must! This has been an intense year for Heidi and me!
And there above you can see that Sound Performance Benelux is in a celebrating mood right now!
And finally, there above, you can see my favorite Post Secret pick of the week, a little late! I look at it as a metaphor for how I am feeling right now. I didn't study what I am doing for work now. I never knew I'd be doing this! I studied journalism. And here I am, on a different path and feeling more accomplished having set up a functioning office in Belgium no less than I have felt in any other job. I felt great when working as a journalist and getting my articles out and my name on them and when I took my first great basketball front page picture for the newspaper. I felt fantastic when I taught people English and watched them improve so much. But this is different. I am doing stuff I never imagined I could. And I can. I don't mean to toot my own horn at all! I remain very humble. Today it just feels good and different. Tomorrow life goes back to normal. Normal ain't bad either...


No comments: