Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday 10 October 2008: Sarah spends her final day in Berlin finsihing up work and taking a little tour before catching her last ever Tempelhof plane.

Sarah says:
I really have to return to Berlin for a holiday and properly see so many of the sites I have passed by so many times, including today on a quick bus tour just to get a little more of a taste of this marvelous city before I got my plane back to Brussels. Above you can see that quite stunning Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.

What a site to see. Very tasteful and very moving. There is so much history in Berlin it's painful and amazing and the country has gone through so much change.

Above I got a wave from the guy at Checkpoint Charlie! I don't there was much waving going on back when the Cold War was in place! Berlin is full of stories and challenges. I want to know more. I NEED to go back and explore.
And above and below, my last goodbye at Tempelhof airport. I'll miss it when it's gone!
And below - the biggest news is that THERE IS A STARBUCKS IN THE BRUSSELS AIRPORT AND I HAD MY FIRST MOCHA FRAP IN A VERY LONG TIME AND ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT AND TOOK THIS PHOTO ESPECIALLY FOR MY BROTHER NSM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that shi' was good, yo. I ain' even 'member the last time I had one of dem mofos.

It's fitting that Belgium is fully Americanizing just as America is fully collapsing. Soon Belgium can take over Starbucks, and not just Fortis.

Word.

Anonymous said...

Fortis is burning along with your country. Unfortunately Bush is taking us all down with you all.
Word.