Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday 2 September 2008: Heidi and Sarah are smiling...

Sarah says:
Let me just tell you that we stopped by Heidi's tonight to give YMA a birthday present and YMA is one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. She's got a great character that just glows out of her. I am going to really enjoy watching her grow up. She will be - she is - a fabulous person for sure!
There above I'd like to introduce you to the two people who really matter in my life more than anything or anyone else. They are my treasures...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo makes me dizzy. How'd you do that?

Anonymous said...

Sarah probably doesn't even know how she did it. But she probably used night-flash mode. First, the flash fires to "freeze" the action in the foreground. Then the shutter stays open to let the background get properly exposed. If the camera moves during this open shutter, then the background gets blurred as well as exposed. Meanwhile, the foreground is frozen when exposed by the flash, and you get the dizzying effect a(sg)nonymous asks about.

Anonymous said...

very cool. Thanks for the explanation anony.

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

TRUE THAT

Anonymous said...

So Sarah, did you even know that's how you did it, or is this news to you too?

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

Big news actually! I was quite pleased with the results and did notice something strange happened when I took the photo and I did tell them to walk then I said turn your heads and I snapped away so I was looking for some special effect but not necessarily this one!