Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday 12 July 2007 part 2: Sarah wants you to look at Heidi's Face The Day entry today below before you look at this one please... Today in Gent...

Sarah says:
Sorry to bogart today's Face The Day - I don't mean to. So please just skip down all the below photos and first see Heidi's entry today with lovely photos of her and Yma. I couldn't just add my photos from today to hers so I had to make a part two entry. Sorry Heidi! Finally you put photos on and this is how I reward you!

So today I went to Gent with my visiting brother SDM. We went to the Belfry ( see above photo with view) and to some churches and wandered around in the rain and ate at the vegetarian restaurant called Panda. Good stuff. I love Gent. It is my favorite city in Belgium. Nice vibe. Great place.


Above you see one view from the Belfry. Gent is so pretty. Even in the rain.
Above and below you see my brother being a beast in the Belfry tower and stairs ...
And most importantly below you see something very special, which my other brother NSM has named the "man bucket" I think. It's something very surprising to Americans apparently because your privates don't seem so private in one of these handy standing pee pots! You just climb up in the middle of the street or sidewalk and take a pee with people passing right by you. You see these everywhere in Belgium and also in Europe I am guessing - but not in America it seems. I think they are a fantastic invention. If only there were the equivalent "women bucket" that was so fast and easy to use. Another good thing about these public "man-buckets" as pointed out by my sister-in-law JO, is that because men are busy using them, the other closed-in urinals stay cleaner as there is less man-pee being sprayed on the seats... I think my brothers should try to bring these man-buckets to America!

No comments: