Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday 22 July 2007: Sarah finishes her vacation with Marv and a book and plays connect the dots with her zits!

Sarah says:
It's the last day of vacation for me and Marv. In honor of the rest of our vacation, we are being low-key and lazy today - reading and listening to music and chilling out. He's reading a book by Michel Houellebecq called The Elementary Particles. I'm reading a book by a great writer, Joan Didion. It was her book Salvador that caught my attention in Journalism school. That little book has some amazing writing. A while back I read a bunch of reviews for her book The Year of Magical Thinking and it has been sitting here for over a year waiting for me to read it. It's time I started reading again. I tend to read in extremes - start a book and have to finish it in two or three days and then another book and another and then I am done for a few months. I can't pace myself with reading. I sort of speed-read and have to know what happens. So here I go...

But first let's play a quick game of "Connect the Dots" of my zits! I have so many - it's painful. Honestly. I have to go to the gynecologist I think. A couple of people told me that if zits form in a circle around your mouth that it is related to your ovaries - and they have been aching lately. I'm not worried as I have had check ups and stuff - but I have the feeling this is even pre-menopausal stuff. I could be wrong - I mean I am only 36 - but I am kind of incomplete when it comes to my reproductive organs and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they function strangely from time to time and if menopause starts early for me. My hormones are out of whack. I have never taken any sort of pill or anything and sadly, maybe it's time I do to get some hormonal balance and maybe to stop all these zits and all that hair growth on my face... If it comes down to everything being okay and this just being a aesthetic thing, I can live with zits and hair I guess and won't take anything! Though I will go ahead with that permanent hair removal starting in October, which I have mentioned here before. But if there can be some hormonal balance with some help from something, I would consider it at this point I think. Anyway, I'm going to get some blood tests and examinations and see what's up.

And last, below is my Post Secret pick of the week. An easy sentiment I know but I like the idea of wanting to write fortune cookies that would brighten people's days. My daughter would say something like what is written in the post card below. So innocent. That need to spread joy and love. I think my version of it would be handing out fresh-made cookies to everyone I meet. I wish it were easy to make people happy. There are so many people I would like to inject a little more happiness into right now. If only...

No comments: