Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday 15 July 2007: Sarah goes to Lille and Ieper yet again but has a pretty great day anyway - in the sunshine!!!!! Happy B-day to Sarah's bro JM!!!

Sarah says:
I am so tired right now! I should be in bed! My husband and brother are watching Little Britain DVDs as I update this blog-thingy. It's too late for all of us. Almost midnight! I was up till 4 am Friday and till 3 am Saturday. I haven't done that in a while!! And this morning we were up at 9 am to meet some friends to go to the Wazemmes Sunday market in Lille. It's a great place to go for fruit and veggies and flea-market sort of stuff. I want to go again when I have more time. It was my first visit there after so many times in Lille. I didn't even know this huge market existed. It was a great way to start a Sunday.


After that we picked up my daughter and headed to Ieper (yet again!!!!). But it was great because the sun was beaming! The Last Post was very noisy tonight and not as moving as usual therefore. I did see the flower wreath left on Thursday by Queen Elizabeth II. So many tourists this time - probably left over from her visit. We went to my daughter's favorite red restaurant and had a great meal and some fabulous ice-cream with fresh fruit. Good day! But now I have to sleep long and hard.

Here's my favorite Post Secret entry of the week. There weren't any I could directly relate to but this one from an adopted child thanking his/her parents for adopting him/her is moving. I often dream of adopting a child. I'm not sure what stops me. It comes into my head a lot but then it never goes further than that. I wonder if it ever will. It seems like it won't. But life can change all the time and very randomly so you never know what your future holds. There are so many kids who need homes. That's a certainty. I don't know if I am a coward or lazy or selfish or normal. All I know is that I wish I could help children who need love and help and a home. I hope to one day somehow...

And last but not least:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my oldest brother JM!

I hope he's having a great day! He's now my only brother of 5 who hasn't visited Belgium yet! I hope he does but I hope not too soon because I don't think I want to go to Brugge, Ieper or Lille again for several months!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look REALLY pretty in that photo sarah. I'm really liking your summer hair.

rebecca said...

Looking, in fact...HOT!