Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday 27 July 2007: Sarah is happy it's Friday and that she'll see some good friends this weekend...


Sarah says:
It's Friday! It's the weekend! Yippy! I'm actually smiling in today's photo. My zits are semi-clearing! I have a new theory by the way. What I am starting to see is a pattern which I can test with the help of Face The Day photos each 14th or 15th day of my cycle. They say that women are supposed to look their best at the time of their ovulation. What I realize about myself is that when I get these kinds of acne outbreaks on my chin, they generally start when my ovulation starts and start to heal up when my period comes. Here's my theory about that. I have half the normal size uterus. I have only 1 working fallopian tube too. The other one is cut in half -- the middle basically never even existed. This, according to my gyno, probably all happened when I was forming in my mother's womb in the first three months.
Anyway -- I tend to look my worst at the 14th day of my cycle - when I start to ovulate. My skin gets all funky. My body bloats. My eyes shrink. I think because I have inadequate reproductive organs that my body sends out the signal: "don't reproduce with this woman". This could be nature at its most basic level trying to promote birth. My body makes me ugly to tell people that I am not a good candidate for making a full-term baby. I mean yeah - I made a beautiful, healthy child luckily -- but she did arrive 6.5 weeks too early. And as I only have an egg passing through a viable ovary every other month, there is less chance for me to get pregnant. Plus, with low oestrogen levels at the beginning of conception, there is more chance of a problematic pregnancy, as I experienced.
Anyway, the point is, I need to go get my hormones checked because something doesn't feel right. Again, I'm not at all worried. Just annoyed with the feeling of imbalance.
And this is a good theory! I need to work on it further but I am sure I have some good points. I am so happy with my one kid and don't feel the need for more kids really so I have no worries. I think you sort of know when you don't want more kids. There is always a little uncertainty, but I think you know...
So I want to thank my body for making me very ugly at ovulation time, thus somehow preventing me from being pursued for baby-making as I am done with baby-making!
Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: