Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday 12 April 2007: Heidi's whole family shows up across the street from Sarah's house - welcome Heidi's parents and pepe to Face The Day!

Sarah says:
What a ridiculous photo above! We tried and tried to take it ourselves (according to Face The Day rules) but it wasn't working! So my daughter snapped the above photo of me with Heidi and her mom and dad! Turns out Heidi's cousin got married today in the church across the street from my house. A whole busload of Heidi's family parked right across from my house and descended onto the church square. Heidi of course had to ring my doorbell to let me know this and we of course had to grab her parents and her Pepe Henri and get a photo of them for Face The Day! But check out my hair up there! the wind did a funny number on it! It's a bit very Elvis - a crazy swept up pompadour. And below, check out Heidi's granddad Pepe Henri. He had just said to Heidi that she had better be more proper and take her sunglasses off if she wanted a photo! HaHa!

So tonight Heidi is at a wedding and I'm staying home with my kid and two of her friends. It seems like I am always home lately! I can't wait to have a night out with my husband once he is back from Poland next week. And this week there is a Belgian holiday on Thursday, which I am quite sure I'll enjoy. Time is flying around here like the wind storming outside! I feel a little bit like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ - like my head is swept up and I'm flying around in dream land. That's what happens to me on weekend that I stay at home and do next to nothing. My body shuts down and relaxes but not my brain. Never my brain! For once I'd just like to shut my brain off. If only.... But it's all good! I am equally exhausted as I am energized!

Oh yeah - and the surgeon says everything looks and seems great but that I can't forget that it's normal if my shoulders and back hurt a little from walking a lot with a heavy backpack and things like that. He said I should think of my back as an elephant that never forgets anything - wait a sec!!! Was he calling me fat?!! Anyway, haha, he said anything I do to my back it will echo to me with pain or discomfort so I have to choose carefully what I do and how I use it. But, he also said, not to be too afraid and again stressed that I may never ever jump! He said he won't see me for a very long time now - unless something goes wrong- which he doubts - as I seem very strong! I also get to go back to the physio-therapist for 20 more back massages, which is great news because nothing like a back massage! Being touched is good for the body - and not only in a sexual way of course. I am sure that simple back massage weekly feeds your body with great stuff! As of June, I can begin exercising so that's good because I need to get in better shape. So all is good -- really really great right now! Now the only thing on my mind is if I want fish, chicken or steak for dinner. I think I'll eat some fish! I wonder if Heidi will eat fish at the wedding tonight? I hope she has fun!!!!

No comments: