Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday April 29 2007: Sarah and "Marv" play Chutes and Ladders and stop and smell the flowers on this lovely Sunday of Post Secrets to think about...


Sarah says:
My husband is away, so my secret sweetheart Marv snuck in and helped me with the new ladder my husband happily bought this morning. We had fun playing Chutes and Ladders on it. It felt dangerous! It got me sort of scared of insecure heights. We have to paint that hallway/stairway. It's all that is left of the attic area to do. We are almost there! Then we can start with the next big thing. Luckily I have Marv to escape married/domestic life with. I don't know what I would do without him. Marv is the best! Look at the flowers below he gave me. Actually my kid stole those pretty daisies from her school party yesterday, the little thief! They are pretty though and make our home feel like summer!

Sarah adds: The Post Secret entry that I chose to put here this week is a really hard-hitter as you can see below. This person's first secret of molestation is bad enough but to throw on top of that the fact that he/she killed the molester - BANG! That's a heavy one to see up there on the Post Secret site. If the person who really sent that is carrying these secrets around, that's so sad and painful. You can almost grasp why a child who was molested could grow up and want to seek revenge. It's the most awful of crimes to be molested at the hands of an adult if you ask me. Any adult who does this to a child deserves to be killed - again, if you ask me. I can't believe how easily pedophiles get out of jail and back to their lives. It makes me so sick and puts me in a rage to imagine people harming children. It's an awful thought to know that in many countries, molestation is almost normal - that there are no boundaries drawn. It's frightening to be a parent knowing that these things can happen. It makes me totally sick. I wonder if the person who sent that Post Secret card feels any relief from killing his/her molester. I wonder if this person will ever heal. I wonder if you can live with murder even if it feels justified. I wonder if the postcard is indeed true if it's being posted on Post Secret will re-open investigations.. But then again, if everything is secret, I guess nobody will ever know. Then again, imagine if the Post Secret people felt obliged to send that postcard to the police and through tests and investigations they were able to find the person who wrote it. Would that be awful? I think it would. Then again, such secrets, starting with molestation are AWFUL! To carry that sort of secret around...ughhh... so this person must still suffer with it all. I wonder if the postcard is a cry for help - a cry to finally break the secrets! To be caught... All those different shames and guilts... So sad...
Sarah continues: The below Post Secret entry also caught my eye, the Jew that I am. I get a good laugh out of Jewish jokes - let's take the recently quoted ones by Larry David and Borat - I find that sort of thing hilarious. But indeed if the person making the Jewish joke is Jewish her/himself, it does sort of justify the joke and make it less offensive or unoffensive. I wonder if the person who sent in the below postcard is a Jewish person. It never occurred to me that people might be offended by Jewish jokes if a Jew is telling them - but then again, that is pretty naive! It's a good reminder to be careful of what you say because you never know who you'll offend. On the other hand, we are all far too "precious" most of the time and a lot of people simply have no sense of humor to see the funny in it all - and that can drive me crazy. I saw that with people's reactions to the Borat movie. I was surprised that it really offended a lot of people I know - Catholic people - not practicing Catholics or anything -- just people - okay Belgians - some Belgians - others like Heidi enjoyed it very much. They thought Borat went too far - didn't see the funny in it. Every Jew I know pretty much got a huge laugh out of it. Anyway - humor is a tricky thing, so be careful out there! Check the Post Secret site this week via this link. There are a lot of goodies on there - a lot of provocative ones. I still haven't seen my secret on there. My one secret in the whole world, which three people already know. It's a funny/ gross one - not a heavy one, in case you are wondering...


Sarah goes on: And below are a couple of simply funny ones from this week's Post Secret! The below one just makes me wonder --- how? That wouldn't be possible for me!!! Too many people around. Nice idea though! Would make the days more "fulfilling"! Wait a second - while writing this something popped into my head. I used to know someone who told me she did this sort of thing - easily, with lots of people around. Wouldn't that be funny if it were her postcard. I'm gonna get in touch with her and ask her! More power to you whomever wrote that!



and on... And the below one is just funny. I used to think my dogs were watching. I wonder what animals make of all that! I would love to know.... Cats are smart. They probably have a grasp on it. Wasn't there a good story about that. About a dog that saw a murder or something - an affair and a murder - and helped crack the case somehow... If you know what book or movie that is, let me know...


THAT'S ALL - I'm done now! Happy Sunday!

No comments: