Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday 12 March 2007: Heidi and Sarah choke the chicken at the market this sunny Monday morn...AND SARAH GETS THE BIGGEST INSULT EVER!!!!!!



Sarah says:

I forgot to say this before so I am adding it now. I got the biggest insult in my life today! I was with Heidi in a shop and someone she knows - an older woman- was talking to her and meeting Yma and all and she saw me sitting there waiting for Heidi and she asked Heidi if I was Heidi's mother!!!! HEIDI'S FREAKING MOTHER!!!!! Can you imagine! I mean I know Heidi looks young and I am almost 10 years older than her and I do have grey hair - but C'MON!!!! I DO NOT LOOK LIKE I COULD BE HEIDI'S MOTHER!!! Please tell me I DO NOT LOOK LIKE I COULD BE HEIDI'S MOTHER!!!! BOOH HOO AND WAW WAW WAW! I guess it's high time for me to start dying my grey hair!!! But I won't. I will hold out for as long as I can and be a crazy grey and black-haired women -hag - whatever! You should have seen Heidi's face and my face after the woman said that to us! We couldn't hide our surprise. It was actually pretty funny. Painful - but funny. Luckily later someone else out of the blue told me I look great so that turned my vanity mood good again! You can be sure there will be a lot of mom and daughter jokes between me and Heidi from now on. As Yma's new grandma, I'm going to have to start babysitting her on Wednesdays. And as Heidi's new mom, I'm going to have to start giving her bigger presents! I love it when Heidi calls me mom! This has opened up a whole new more nurturing world for us! (hahaha)

Monday morning market day. Time for Heidi and me to get our baked chickens on a spit. They didn't have the large one I asked for so they threw in a thigh. We had to share it with you all of course. This is Heidi and my and our family's dinners for tonight and maybe lunch tomorrow too! I think we'll miss our walks to the center together and doing these sorts of things together. I will always remember fondly the first time Heidi and I bought a whole market chicken together... Heidi was being a wussy and didn't want to get her precious hands dirty with a little chicken fat so I grabbed that thigh and made sure to get it in the photo. And to think that both Heidi and I were vegetarians for many years. We are such hypocrites!

Other than the chicken, please take note of how very sunny it is in the above photo. This is a wonderful day and the weather shall stay so good until Friday! This is like a gift! Everyone is getting happy and smiling and walking. We were definitely not at all alone on our walk this morning. We were surrounded by other moms with babies and by lots of people from the Heilige Familie. Everyone was so jolly. I look forward to lots of more walks this week. It's great that Heidi and I will begin working again and getting back to real-time along with the sunshine. That will make the transition smooth and make it easier to wake up each day.

Nothing more to tell you today...my my my, imagine that...

Except one thing of course! This article about more homes being built with two master bedrooms to make for better rest and better marriages really interests me! What a great idea! I know the idea of not sharing the same bed and room sends alarm bells mostly so wouldn't it be great if it gets legitimized and becomes the wave of the future! I'm not so sure it will save rather than ruin marriages but the idea of a room of one's own is really appealing! Look at Frida Khalo and Diego Rivera - they basically each had their own homes with a bridge in between. Space is a great thing. Sleep is a great thing! I could definitely dig it! But I am not sure my marriage could survive separate rooms. Show me some statistics in a few years - if the divorce rate starts going down as more and more two-master bedroom homes get built and lived in - well then, I might have to propose a few renovations here!

"More and more couples in the US are ordering separate master bedrooms
in their new homes to help ensure a more harmonious marriage, research
suggests."

And isn't the info in this article really odd? America springs the clocks ahead three weeks earlier than usual to save energy!

2 comments:

Upstater said...

Sarah you are too young to be Heidi's mom not to mention that she doesn't look like you. Both of you are beautiful, vibrant women and that lady needs glasses!!!!!!


Barb

Heidi and Sarah Face The Day said...

HAHA! Yeah - she needs glasses indeed. In retrospect, it's pretty funny really. Heidi will make a good daughter so I'm not bothered! And I love it when she calls me mom. -SRA