Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday 11 February 2007: Heidi is M.I.A. as Sarah gets theatrical on this double-movie Sunday!


Sarah says:
Today was fun! It started with a visit from an expat pal of mine for breakfast and went on to include not one but two movies with my husband! We were really only planning to see Little Miss Sunshine at the cinema but we ended up also going to see Babel. We were at the movies from 3pm till 8pm with an hour coffee and cake break in between. It was really cozy! I hope we'll make it a Sunday tradition with our daughter always away half the afternoon. That's the great thing about a kid getting older - you get to have a bit more time to yourself sometimes! Not that I need that these days. I always have time to myself being home and all! But it was great - is great - to have this little time to steal away with my husband and have our own little world! Other than a very painful knee due to nerves going crazy from my back operation no doubt, it was a really nice-paced weekend. As for movie reviews - Babel was very captivating and thought provoking to some extent and I liked the filming and storytelling style. No one actor or actress was particularly good or bad. Just everything together worked. As for Little Miss Sunshine - it had it's very funny moments but I don't see what all the hype is about. I guess maybe because I have a 7 year old daughter and know my share of oddballs that this movie didn't seem like much more than just a little ditty. A sweet little ditty but nothing more than that. I don't get the whole Oscar buzz around it. As fr Babel - I could see it getting an award or two but not for acting as there was nobody who stood out. Maybe for the directing or something but nothing more than that. With that said, I'd say go see both films! Why not! Maybe even on the same day!

Above is my favorite Post Secret from this week about despising Valentine's Day. I agree - it's a dang dumb day to be busy with. Those of us with Valentine's and those without are all under pressure to perform on that day! It's just another day. Who really cares. It's so freaking commercial - it sickens me how very commercial it has become here in Belgium in the last 10 years. If I were you - I'd just celebrate your love for this special someone every other day and have a huge fight on the 14th of February - that's what I plan to do! Tell everyone you love that you love them that day and as often as you can. Don't save it for some forced moment dictated by a calendar.

No comments: