Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday 23 January 2007: Sarah has a very special Face The Day guest today, little AVD! Isn't she a cutie! Later Sarah has a little fall! She's ok!

Sarah says later in the day:
Don't worry! I am really okay. I tripped and fell on my knee and hands - not on my side or back so I am really okay. It was just very scary and made me shaky because I only had surgery a month and a half ago and that seemed like way too soon to have a fall. What scared me so was just imagining what could have happened if I had fallen harder or slipped onto my back or something more severe like that. It's Murphy's Law I guess that the one time a year I fall (if at all) would have to be so close to having just had back surgery. It sucks. But again, I am really okay though I will lie down for the rest of the day and night and tomorrow too just to be safe. You can fall anytime, anywhere. It was just one of those why me, why now moments and it turned the day into a bad one for me just because of the natural worry that came with the fall.

Sarah says:
Once again, this is a photo from yesterday. I expect I'll see Heidi later on so I'll snap a today's shot then I hope, though yesterday Heidi popped in and we forgot to take a photo! We were too busy talking about clothes and hair, the silly girls that we are.
Anyway, please meet my special little guest star AVD. She's the daughter of my good buddy AVDG. I had the pleasure of being able to keep an eye on AVD yesterday afternoon. Another beautiful child of another beautiful friend. It is so fun to watch friends' kids grow! We are all getting older - but in a nice way, with lovely kiddies surrounding us and keeping us young when not wearing us out! AVD was a very sleepy-headed gal yesterday. We were playing with My Little Ponies that Heidi's sister gave my little girl and AVD fell right asleep. Maybe it's me! I either have a very calming effect on kids or I bore them to sleep maybe. In the above photo I look all happy and AVD looks all mad at me - like get away from me you crazy-camera-hauling English speaker! AVD's mom had to leave too quickly to have a cup of coffee and a chat but happily I'll get to see them all next week for lunch! I look forward to it... Nothing like having visitors these days!!! I long for them as I go a bit stir-crazy in this quiet house! I need NOISE!

No comments: