Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday 27 January 2007: Sarah finds heels that won't break her back so finally she might be able to wear skirts and dresses again!!! And dance!!!


Sarah says:

It is not easy to find high heels that won't hurt your lower back. I have had to basically live in Clarks or Mephisto shoes and sneakers for the last few years, meaning with the exception of one nice pair of Clarks cork/wedge summer sandals, I have no shoes I can wear skirts and dresses with. Not until today anyway!!! By chance I just found me a decent pair of high heel Clarks shoes. Generally Clarks are more old-lady style, though they are improving a bit year by year as more people suffer from back pain I guess. Last time I was in London, I spent a whole evening trying on every pair of half decent, half stylish Clarks shoes in a Clarks shop. Not even one pair felt or looked decent. Today, I randomly tried on the ones you see in the above and below photos, and they felt so good right away! As you can see, they are made with a very flexible rubbery sole and heel. That's why they can only ever really be half stylish. The material also has to be very flexible so you get a soft textured leather, which isn't as pretty as a nice, smooth, stiff leather. But alas, it is better than nothing and now I am about 5 foot 8 (1m74) at least and that makes a great leg for a good dress! I just want to feel womanly again! Talk about self-esteem (see Heidi's comments yesterday)! It's hard to feel pretty in casual clothes every single day with the same sneakers time and time again! The right shoe, the right dress, the right outfit and KERPLOW! You feel good again! At the sales, I fit into a lot of nice skirts and dresses and long shirts, all which absolutely need a heel. Now I have a pair of heels - not the prettiest in the world but believe me, they will do for sure!!!!!! Yippy! Don't underestimate how a good shoe can make your day! Now it's time to do the dishes and then read a book for the rest of the day while BLASTING Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti! I love that aspect of being home alone - I can totally BLAST music and sing along. Maybe I'll even dance along with my new and improved spine in my new high-heels! (don't worry - I'll be careful and I'll actually wait to even wear these until 3 months after my operation just to be safe...)


Heidi says: hi! All well! Watching 'supersize me'. Until now I still don't hate fastfood, but we are early in the movie... :)) Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, why don't youse blast those live CDs I made you while making nachos!

Love,
Manoli