Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday 1 December 2006: Sarah is more hopeful than ever today about the future of her back problems and happy her new couches will arrive today!


THIS PICTURE JUST IN OF A BROODING HEIDI! SHE DOESN'T LOOK VERY HAPPY! WHAT'S WRONG HEID? TELL US! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! COME OVER AND TRY MY NEW COUCHES!
Sarah says:
Check out this article about how stem-cell research going on right now might lead within the next few years to non-evasive back surgery for back problems like mine. Apparently they will be able to take a person’s own bone marrow and then grow cells from it and inject it back into the spine through a small incision in the back – a one-day-in-the-hospital-only procedure to fix degenerative disc problems in the lower back especially. This means that if my prosthetic disc doesn’t take or doesn’t work out or gives out after some years or wears out after 10 years, there will be another better procedure out there to repair the non-existent disc! I chose the prosthetic disc surgery over the much more invasive fusion procedure with the hope that in a few years there would be better procedures out there to choose from. The fusion is not reversible. The prosthetic disc apparently is. So this gives me great hope because I know that once a back patient – most of the time – always a back patient. Good thing I live in Europe where there is controversy but less controversy about stem-cell research than in The States thanks to Bush and his right-wing friends. The nice thing about this stem-cell procedure is that the stem-cells are grown from the patient’s own bone marrow so no foreign bodies are being introduced into the patient’s body, which could be rejected and cause secondary problems. I just wish I had it in me to ride all this pain out for another three years or so until these sorts of new procedures are available – but alas, that’s not an option as I have waited a few years already and the last year especially has been too hard on my body and soul. It’s time but right now I feel okay about this – for once!

And it’s the weekend! Hope you all have a great weekend! I should. Getting new couches delivered today! Meeting up with possible new band in Gent for our first jam tomorrow. Hanging out with my husband and daughter and maybe a friend or two. Relaxing. Getting ready for next week. I’m in a good mood today. That’s a good thing!!!! Hope it lasts…

Here’s a picture of Heidi and me from last year for y’all on December the 1st when we were feeling funny and like wise-guys! Oh the fun we used to have…

No comments: