Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday 22 May 2006: Heidi and Sarah wish you well this week and Sarah tells you her secret...


Heidi says:
Is that me??? Sarah, your hair looks awesome!!!

Sarah says:
So this is what I am busy with. Now that all the people I needed to tell know about this I feel I can talk about it here if I need to or feel like it. I can't get into all the details right now because there are too many but suffice it to say that by the end of this year I will be having one of two surgeries on my spine: a fusion or a prosthetic disc implant. This is because I have degenerative disc disease on the L5-S1 area of my spine and this gives me tremendous pain and loss of movement sometimes. It seems as if it gets worse everyday. I can't live with it anymore so I MUST do something. Apparently you can be born with this sort of thing. So now I am trying to figure out which surgery I should and can have. I have a few more tests to take and a few more doctors to see. This link from NPR about the prosthetic disc gives a load of helpful information if you are wondering or if you have entered this blog through a search on this topic. Anyway -- that's whay I am so drained and tired and in pain a lot and why I feel I look rough so much -- because I feel rough. I also feel happy a lot so I'm glad this hasn't gotten me totally down!

No comments: