Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th 2007: NEWSFLASH: FACE THE DAY GOOGLE HITS ERIKA DIONISO AND NEIL SMITH HAVE THEIR BABY BOY OSCAR CHARLIE DIONISIO SMITH TODAY!!!!

That was Oscar Charles Dionisio Smith in a 4D photo from the womb a couple of months ago. TODAY THAT LITTLE BABY BOY WAS BORN JUST AFTER 3AM NEW YORK TIME!!! No photos yet but they shall come eventually!
That was Face The Day Google Hit Erika Dionisio very pregnant not so long ago. Last night she went into labor and around 6 hours later Oscar was born. Pretty short birth for a first-born.
That's me and Face The Day Google Hits Erika and her husband Neil Smith - an English bloke from Buckinghamshire who owns a Belgian restaurant in the West Village (Hudson Street one) of New York City called Petite Abeille. Erika wasn't pregnant then when I visited her in Denham in north-west London last April (or was it May?) but I do recall her saying that by this time the following year she would be pregnant. She was right! Neil called me today to tell me Oscar was born and that everyone was doing fine. He sounded proud and happy. He said Erika was at a breast-feeding class in the hospital already so soon after the birth (only in New York!). He said he was present throughout the whole birth and watched Oscar come out. He cut the chord too!
That's me and Erika at her high school graduation in 1989 - so we were both about 17 years old I think. We met each other when we were 15 years old, which means we have been friends for 20 years! My have we come a long way since then. I have an almost 8 year old daughter and she now has a baby son. It's very exciting! I can't wait to see Erika as a mom. I can't wait to see how all this good love finds its way into her life. I feel funny right now - strange. It's like when Heidi had Yma - just sort of emotional about it all from a distance. There is something very exciting and touching and moving about a close friend having a baby. With Heidi I guess it felt more big-sister like or something. I had seen her so much during her pregnancy and I got to see her a lot and Yma after the birth and that was great. It's harder now with Erika so far away. I wish I could pop in the hospital and see Oscar. Oh well! No matter how I look at it, it's just very fantastic news!
And there is Erika again with me at my American wedding in 1997 - so we were 28 years old. No babies in sight! We are getting old!!!! This has been a very lucky Friday the 13th! Sunny and full of wonderful, heart-warming news. I know I sound cheesy and over-dramatic but that can't be helped! It's okay to gush a little too much sometimes....

CONGRATULATIONS ERIKA AND NEIL AND WELCOME OSCAR!!!

No comments: