Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday 28 July 2007: Sarah meets up with her far-away ex-expat non-Belgian friends in Brugge and makes some great Stuffed Peppers and Feta salad!

Sarah says:
It's always nice to see my far-away former ex-pat friends -- not former friends - but former Belgian expats who moved away and left me behind... ASG, originally from Oregon, moved to Scotland and then to The Netherlands and CC, originally from South Africa and Canada moved to Russia. They still both somehow show up on Face The Day a lot so I guess I see them more than I think. The above photo was taken in Brugge tonight just after we all saw the play "Fanny and Faggot" put on at The English Theatre of Bruges by Tema Theatre Company.
"FANNY AND FAGGOT examines two distinct moments in the life of Mary Bell; her trial when accused of the murder of two small boys, and her escape from the open prison in 1977, where she spent the weekend on the run in Blackpool and lost her virginity."

It was a decent play acted by pretty good actors. I was just really pleased to see some theater in English in Belgium. I miss that. I love going to the theater. I love a good story. I'll surely go again.

Before we went, I made the below dinner of vegetarian stuffed peppers and a salad with mixed greens and feta cheese - really easy and really dang good and healthy. And look how pretty! Man I want to open a lunch cafe and make such stuff when I am like 50 years old. That's one dream I hope comes true. I will make colorful food that makes people happy and healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to Russia now, Dave. And sorry I haven't been getting on Yahoo. I'm such a crap face. And zits are no big deal. I'm pumped full of divine testosterone and I get zits, too. One I got one in my nose. I wasn't even bothered by it because I was so impressed that it could get up there!