Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday 07 April 2007: Sarah celebrates Easter with anything but lame ducks...


Sarah says:
These ducks are chocolate ones believe it or not! They were Easter basket gifts to my kid from our local bakery. Don't you think the one with the orange hat has a Village People quality about him? When my daughter saw it, she asked me if ducks can be gay too. She told me this one looked a bit gay. Kids today, huh! And then she said: "not that there is anything wrong with that..." No she didn't - that's just me improving the story. Kids today know a lot. When I was 7, "gay" only meant happy in my little head. Well - good for my kid. This is a different world and thankfully we are all a lot more open for the most part - including 7-year-olds. I just hope she doesn't ask me to get too technical too soon. I'm not really ready to get into the birds and the bees, let alone the birds and the birds and the bees and the bees!

So besides pondering and fondling gay ducks today, I ate a lot of great food and played Trivial Pursuit with my husband's family. It was a very nice day. Calm and cosy.

Now it's time to watch that Mel Gibson Passion of Christ movie because it is on TV and I have never seen it. I'll have to read the Dutch sub-titles to follow as it is in old languages. This should be interesting... Maybe I'll have to opt for Battlestar Galactica instead.

Tomorrow I'll probably see Heidi and a bunch of people out in Kortrijk in the day as a lot is going on. It will be fun! And Monday will be in a sleeping-in kind of day and relaxing with my lovely little family before the work week starts again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
What an extraordinary coincidence as we have also been pondering gay ducks over here in Delft. A lot of the local ducks are having babies and after that little incident of duck sex we witnessed when you visited we got curious. So TSG did some research about mating habits and found that something like 30 percent of mallards are gay. Ducks are also very keen on gang raping females when there are not enough of them to go around! Who knew? Happy Easter! xoxox
ASG