Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday 16 February 2007: Heidi and Sarah and Yma bundle up with each other for big fat sweater day.


Sarah says:
Today here in Belgium it's "Thick Sweater Day" also know as "Slip on Your Sweaters Day" as described via this link, which means that in all the schools and in some workplaces everyone is encouraged to turn the heat down low to conserve energy. My daughter layered herself up this morning to face the cold school day. In doing so, she had some time to think about energy and consumption and what it feels like to be cold and how in fact we can just layer up half the time rather than run to turn the heat higher. It seems that these are the days of thinking about energy use and the planet and the climate and all. Just look at today's news about a new international climate pact.
In very very local news, Heidi and the absolutely adorable and lovable and ever-growing cutie-pie Yma stopped by and both gals had their matching very thick and pretty sweaters on in honor of Thick Sweater Day. You go girls. So we three cuddled up and had a long overdue photo moment! Heidi seems good. Still having problems getting Yma to take the bottle rather than the boob. Yma doesn't want to stop breastfeeding but she has to - and eventually she surely will but it isn't going to be easy! That's pretty stressful for Heidi and everyone dishes out advice and so much of the advice is contradictory and confusing therefore.
As for my news - well, my dad and youngest brother arrive early tomorrow morning so we're looking forward to that. I am feeling good still with just a minor ache here and there. I have many lovely weekends ahead and am trying to take it easy and not do a lot whilst enjoying these stress free days. I get three massages a week from the physical therapist so that's also to be taken advantage of! The first one caused my back to hurt but it got better fast. So besides a more tired than usual upper back and knee pain, I am feeling GREAT and stress-free and HAPPY! I love all this extra time with my daughter and I really enjoy not having days filled with stress and stuffing too much into too few hours! So I will soak this up while I can and heal and be ready for the world again by April I hope!
Have a great weekend and put a thick sweater on right now instead of blasting the heat!
Oh and last but not least for all you germ-concerned people who use computers and toilets - especially the women out there but also the men who carry wallets - read this!

No comments: