Sunday, January 25, 2009

18 - 21 January 2009 - Sarah's trip to Midem in Cannes taking care of business and having some fun...

Sarah says:
That's me above on Thursday the 22nd of January I think. I was SICK that day. Belly problems galore. Small fever. No sleep the night before. I stayed in bed all day. I think after running around at a tradefair where you are shaking hands all the time with people who have just blown their noses and the like you are bound to pick something up along with the general exhaustion that is just one big part of it no matter how early or late you get to sleep... One day of rest is generally needed after such a fair.
There above is the only photo I took on Wednesday the 21st of January in Cannes, France as I was leaving on the bus to the airport in Nice. As you can see, it was sunny! We were lucky to have semi-nice weather on two of the four days there - even had lunch almost on the beach as the crazy waves crashed around us.
There above is me in my hotel room on late Tuesday the 20th - early Wednesday the 21st watching none other than the great Obama! I think I got back to the hotel at a reasonably good hour but stayed up terribly late watching the Obama day reviewed and reviewed. I did get to see the speech live on TV at the tradefair. It was nice to stand there with people from all over the world witnessing this amazing man making history and change! There was an Obama feeling of joy in the air!
The photo above was also taken on Tuesday the 20th (or early the 21st). We were on our way back from a night out and there was this weird window dispaly of very ugly shorts in very ugly colors. This one was like for a gay couple and their adoptive son or something. Salmon orange. Very strange and photo worthy I thought.
The photo above must be from very, very late Monday night the 19th or rather early Tuesday the 20th. It was like 3 am and we were in some bar in Cannes. It was pouring outside and my shoes and pants were totally wet and cold but the night seemed young and it was nice to be out with colleagues (the happy Russ above) and our boss (Chris aove) from The UK office. I don't get to see them a lot so it was cool to be able to spend some time talking to them...
There above also very late Monday or early Tuesday you can see me and my colleague Dina. She's from the London office but works at the New York one. It was good to meet up with her in Cannes and trade ideas a bit...
There above you can see Russ again an our new friend Raekwon from Wu-Tang Clan. We met him on the boat we were on Monday eveing the 19th. He was there with his manager promoting his upcoming new CD. I ended up going to a bar where I wanted to see a gig, which was already over - so instead I ended up hanging out with Raekwon and his manager for a bit. It was kind of funny. I got some parenting advice from Raekwon as he's got a 12 year old kid. And I was talking to his manager Mel about Nyack as he went out with a girl from my hometown back in the day. Small world! It was a funny night...
There above you can see my buddy Richard from South Africa who I met on the same boat exactly a year before at the same little gig party for Ella Yana who you can see between us above. Last year we had a super crazy time on the boat. It was out of this world. Full of laughs and weird stuff. This year it was more tame but good to see Richard again and to meet someone from the Wu-Tang Clan of course. I also have to add that Ella Yana has really improved since last year and is backed up by a band now. It was a hospitable boat to say the least...
Before I made it to the boat Monday night I met up with CHEWIE!!!! I just love him! Was so glad to get my photo with him!
There above you can see me on my second day in Cannes with the famous Belgian face Maurice Engelen from the Belgian bands Praga Khan and Lords of Acid. He also was busy with soundtracks for some famous American movies. He has a very memorable face and I just had to have his face on Face The Day! He was very friendly and let me take a photo without a problem!
And there's my only photo from Sunday the 18th of January when I arrived in Cannes and went out for a few drinks with some old and new colleagues from The UK office. There above you can see me, Dina and Kate... I went to bed pretty much right after I took this photo. Needed to be fresh for all the business that needed doing the following days... It was a good Midem this year! Fewer people so less quantity but a lot more quality...

No comments: