Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sarah's New York week 15-23 November 2008. Many, many photos from the week...

Sarah says:
So many photos from my week in New York below. They are too hard to put in order on here and all the days drifted into each other anyway. Mostly I was at my dad's inside. I did get out to see my oldest brother JM and his kids AM and TM. I saw my younger brothers Matt and Erik and Matt's girlfriend Rebekah. I also got to see my great friends Erika and Mona and Erika's kid Oscar and her husband Neil. My other great friend MS took me to the airport and had lunch with me at a local diner on the way. It was a hard week. I remain tired from it. It was fantastic to see my family and friends though when I could. I am glad I went. The best thing was getting home and seeing my daughter as you can see in the above photo! A week away from that little sunshine is really hard! Glad to be home!
At the airport on Saturday the 22nd right before I boarded the plane and sun was going down.

There's MS above and below. She picked me up to take me to airport and we had a HUGE breakfast-lunch at local diner and ordered way too much but totally enjoyed every bit of it! So wonderful to see MS again. She always has lots of smiles and good advice and we had about 30 different conversations that we still have to finish.
Look at all that food above! The two of us ate almost all of it! Welcome to America! Time to go home!!!
Below you can see me with Erika. She won't like the photo but I think it is funny. We had fun. She has a kid named Oscar and man he can dance! We went to her husband Neil's Belgian restaurant and had a waffle. Then we went to her place in Riverdale and she made me great soup and dinner - for Rachel too who came later. I was so glad to see Erika and Rachel and Oscar and Neil of course too!
Above you can see Rachel who came to Erika's for dinner too. I was so pleased to see her and to hang out with her and Erika just talking and laughing. We were alll about Nyack that night! I can't recall a time I hung out with just Rachel and Erika only. It was so cool. It was a fabulous evening though very windy!

There wer are above on Erika's terrace in the wind -- major wind!! It was freaking cold. I couldn't take it anymore and went inside. I love the above photo though!
There's Erika's husband Neil. Good to see him as usual. He's always chipper (at least on the ouside! :-)
Above you can see what I saw of the New York skyline from the car when Erika picked me up! I was in New York for a week but didn't really get of the house! I drove with Erika from one side of the city to the other and was so carsick I closed my eyes half the time! I think I was just tired and hungry and stressed. But I relaxed as I hung out with Erika more. It was just what the doctor ordered!
That's Oscar above and below. He is a lot of fun. He can do this amazing dance for hours it seemed. If Erika gets a video of it I will post it on here. He likes Rachel a lot apparently from how he was acting and when she arrived he did this like love dance for her with moves and all. He just went on and on dancing in front of her. It was adorable.
Below you can see me induldging in PIZZA!!! New York Pizza! I wanted it and I got it and I really enjoyed it! Again - it was just what the doctor ordered!

Above you cqn't see my oldest brother JM because he is hiding behind a plate. I had a short night out and went to his place. We ate dinner and I met his girlfriend and saw his kids - my nephews. Onec again - just what the doctor ordered. I had great talks with my brother and was so happy to see him so happy. I drank some delish ice-tea as well. Great to see his kids AM and TM. They are more like men than like kids now. They are sweet and beautiful. I don't see them enough or know them anough. I wish there were more time!
Above you cqn see me with my nephewe AM. He's 18 now I think.
And there above is my other nephew TM. He's 21 I think. I saw their mom too but didn't get a photo. She lives nearby and I could say hello on the way out.
There they are again above. Such nice and good-looking young men they are!
Above you can see my crazy younder brothers Matt and Erik - 21 and 23. They came down the first Sunday I was there and we went to the diner for lunch and then we played scrabble for a while but first Erik and I went to Key Food and waled down every aisle as I looked at every single thing in awe. I have become so Belgian! Such a big shop with so many choices overwhelms me now! I had to re-learn choice!
Above you can see my youngest brother Matt with his girlfriend Rebekah at the diner. They seem really content together. It was good to meet her. She's very lovable.
There I am above at the airport the Saturday I went to New York almost ready to go to the gate. I had breakfast with my husband first at the airport. It was really early in the morning. By the way - it was the first time I flew Jet Airways and I really liked the airline. No complaints at all and I loved the movie, music and show selection and the choice of Indian food -- even a bit spicey. It was greay!Last but not least the 82 year old woman I sat next to on the plane who was more full of life than most of the people I know. She was a great flight companion. We spoke for hours. Her husband recently died and she wants to go on wth her life so she's moved back to New York (where she worked as a cook long ago and her Brazilian husband as a taxi driver) via Belgium (where she was born) and France (where she lived with her hsuband). She's starting over at 82 in New York and she'll work as a cook for a famous movie producer three times a week. Only in America!!!! She inspired me. I hope I see her again! She says we'll meet in New York or Brussels one day! I believe her!
That's all for the photos! Hope you got this far! I didn't get one everyday for the first time in Face The Day history. I think I missed a few days. But it wasn't a normal week and I couldn't help it! Now things will get back to normal on here though life is busy for both Heidi and me!


No comments: