Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday 30 August 2008: The Fata Morgana show came to Kortrijk and Sarah and her kid went to see it out and Heidi had her own fashion day!

Heidi says: fashion day for Heidi and Katrijn! Wout made nice designs for businesswomen and Katrijn, Merel and me were his photomodels for one day. We had make-up done, and later on posed in front of a digital lens, melting by flashlamps. I think I might post some results later. Wout will hang some large pictures at a big sale next weekend. I hope it will look ok.

Sarah says:
My daughter and I got dressed up to be one of the 10,000 people in Kortrijk to try to get Kortrijk its 5 stars to suceed in the tasks presented by the Belgian show Fata Morgana. We went into the city for a couple of hours to see what was going on. The sun was shining so bright today and there were thousands of people in the city to watch the program get recorded. We left early because it was all a bit too much and not totally our thing but it was fun to take part and it's always fun to play dress-up! By the time we left, I think Kortrijk had succeeded in two tasks and had therefore received two stars. There was still a cake to be revealed that would feed 10,000 people and the 10,000 glasses of champagne that had to be given out and something about an art exhibit. I assume Kortrijk has gotten all 5 stars by now because it's almost 10pm. We'll see tomorrow when they show it all on TV. I don't really like this show. Never have. But we live in Kortrijk and it is a GREAT place to live and we felt like being there and supporting it all. It was nice for our kid to see. It was very hot though and man did our feet hurt due to bad shoes. I wore my wedding shoes from more than 12 years ago! I guess my feet aren't what they used to be! Although it looks like a wedding dress, the dress in the above photos isn't. It's also more than 10 years old and I'm happy to say that it still fits fine!
Above and below you can see a bit of the sphere. Lots of balloons. Too bad for the birds who choke on them and for the trees they get stuck in - but hey - I don't need to be the party pooper! Yet still -- doesn't that seem like a really easy tradition to just stop doing to help the environment a little?


HAPPY BIRTHDAY FILIP AND BEVIN AND YUCATAN!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both look FABULOUS darling simply fab. ASG

Anonymous said...

Yes, ASG, but how was your trip to California, particularly Yosemite an SF?

Anonymous said...

d

Anonymous said...

It was fabulous. Thanks so much for your tips. They really came in handy. We had a truly excellent trip.
xoxo
ASG

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I used fabulous three times in these comments. Apologies. I've seemed to developed a fondness for the word...