Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Tuesday 25 December 2007: Sarah wishes you all a very Merry Christmas and poor Heiditje is seriously under the weather...

Sarah says:
That's me above with my best Christmas hat and guardian angel praying for what it says below: "Mighty One, if you can't make me thin, then please make my friends fat"!

I'm also praying above for Heidi to feel better. Our poor gal is really ill with a high fever. She'll be okay but there goes her Christmas.... Or maybe it will somehow be cozy when she feels less sick. I hope so!

Below is my little angel child getting all Christmas-y! We had such a nice time at my friend CC's house. They are like family to us and I just love our yearly tradition of getting together and eating a lot and then falling asleep. This time, rather than napping after the big, great meal, we watched hours and hours of an Oprah's Best of DVD. It warmed all of our hearts. I'm not even kidding! I love Oprah. I truly do.

Below is another nice Christmas photo of my mom with my kid. The day was full of laughs. All silly stuff. So cozy and relaxing. Last year when we were at CC's, I felt like hell. It was my first trip out - 10 days after my back operation - and it was tough! This year was different! No pain at all! Fun! Fun! Fun! So strange how life changes from year to year and moment to moment...

And below you can see CC with her fabulous daughter KC and me with my darling mushy-head kid also known as The Lool! We girls has so much fun in CC's bedroom away from the men. We laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed some more! I love that my kid has this friend-family! My family is all over the place. My mom is here at Christmas, which makes it cozy for my daughter. It's double-cozy to have these traditions with friends lined up. I see that my kid thrives at these moments. It sometimes makes me wish I lived closer to my family - that I could just call up one of my many brothers and say "let's meet for lunch today" or "come to my house for Christmas" - things like that... All that just makes me all the more thankful to have friends here like CC!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-
-
-
-
-
So you still haven't watched Coming Home or The Departed!!!!!?