Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday 26 April 2007: Heidi and Sarah have Fun in the Sun You got it! Fun in the Sun Everybody! Fun in the Sun Woo...

Heidi says: the sun, oh, the sun! What a treat this time of year! I know it isn't supposed to be like this, so hot at this time of year, but I can't help but enjoy this weather. And OH MY GOD – Sarah made the BEST quiche in the world today for lunch!! She is the best cook I have ever known. She really needs to open a soup, salad and quiche restaurant. I’d go there everyday for lunch or better yet, I’d work there too! God I love Sarah! The purple text wasn't written by me! :) Just so you know. I did like the lunch very very much, thank you Sarah!! :)

Sarah says:
It’s a sunny day again, a spectacularly sunny day again. We sat on my stoop today at lunch and basked in the sunshine once again. This weather will last until Monday at least! My sister-in-law sent me this lovely link to this fantastic Dove commercial-thingy. You should click on it and check it out. I think it’s an ad on TV here in Belgium because I remember seeing it before. It’s so fabulously to the freaking point in terms of how much we are fooled by all the cover girls in the magazines and how all this image manipulation messes with our minds and our self-images. It’s so simple – I see such an ad and immediately I already don’t feel so badly about the pimples on my chin and my round face and my uneven skin. If only such “real” images could be ever-present in advertisements. We’d all love ourselves a lot more I am sure! But it’s an old story and it never changes. Like I have said before, sadly, when I see larger women in ads, the things they are advertising do indeed catch my eye less quickly and appeal to me less – and these women can even look like me. But I, like so many others, have been so conditioned to think my body type is ugly and my skin isn’t perfect enough and I am too hairy and all that. It’s screwed up. I think even tougher on kids today… Anyway – make sure to check out the link by clicking here!
And OH MY GOD – I made the BEST quiche in the world today for lunch!! I am the best cook I have ever known. I really need to open a soup, salad and quiche restaurant. I’d go there everyday for lunch or better yet, I’d work there too! God I love myself!

No comments: