Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday 20 March 2007: Heidi and Sarah (and YMA) share their last coffee-soup-milk together as Heidi prepares to head back to real-time tomorrow...

Sarah says:
First of all - should Heidi or should she not buy the shirt she's wearing in the above photo in the dressing room of the shop WE? She was smart today and tried it on but did not purchase - practicing good self-control. We both agree she should buy it because it looks great and is her style. All we need is one comment here saying buy it and she'll buy it. She'll probably get the dress she tried on anyway but the shirt - well, that's up to y'all. We'd really like to know what Nico, for example, thinks!

So see the photo below? That's the last coffee had in our time off together. I of course had soup. Yma had milk. But that is it. The end of an era folks! Time's up! Heidi starts work again tomorrow after 9 months or so I think. And I start work in about 12 days or so again after three and a half home. We have been very lucky to be home at the same time for different reasons. It's uncanny that things ended up this way! It helped me get through being at home and recovering from surgery and all that. It's not only been a pleasure seeing Heidi at least a few days a week but also seeing YMA. Now I'll only see YMA every couple of weeks or so. Heidi I'll still see every weekday at work so that will feel pretty normal pretty soon. Anyway - it's been nice and helpful and comforting. The clock is ticking now for sure. Just 12 more days for me and 18 or so more hours for Heidi!



By the way, I'll get my haircut this afternoon and post a pic later. In the meantime, oh me oh my I am still having major belly cramps every time I eat! It's not normal. It sucks the energy away because it hurts!!! I hope I get through my Dutch lesson without such cramps tonight and through my first mammogram tomorrow.

And later that day...here we are - my daughter and I with fresh new haircuts after a mother-daughter afternoon. I played it safe and stuck with the tried and true. My kid took a chance and went way shorter than usual. Look how old she is getting! Time flies for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Ayla,
wij vinden je nieuwe kapsel héél mooi!
Groetjes,
Valerie en Tine xxx

Anonymous said...

Heidi, good luck at work. YMA is gorgeous. Get the blouse. It looks great! I miss you.

Sarah, why are you getting a mammogram? Just to do it, or is something suspicious?

Ayla, you are gorgeous. Your hair is daringly short and looks great, but you look great no matter what you wear or how your hair is. You are my Cookie Plum, for sure. AND, you are such a talented artist. What a wonderful portrait of your Mom, my daughter. I have printed it out and intend to frame it.

So, life returns to normal -- back to work for the two of you, Heidi and Sarah. And, Sarah, learning advanced Dutch. Great! -- All nice news.

I love you all and miss you terribly. Hugs and Kisses. -- Mom