Friday, February 09, 2007

09 Friday February 2007: Sarah needs something to do with her time, that's for dang sure now that she has to stay home till April.....!!!!


Sarah says:
So the verdict is in, I can only start work the 1st of April. That means more than another month and a half home!!!!! I am so bored and so boring! So so bored! I feel good and have a lot of energy but still have to take it easy. I am stuck between these walls right now. I need to do stuff to feel good about myself and well, just to feel good in general! I still have those little projects to take care of and now plenty more time to get through them so that's good. But what to do with all this time! I have got to kick start something! I did start watching the miniseries of Battlestar Galactica yesterday and will try to finish it today as I know my brother is waiting for a review! So far so good is all I can say. It's got my attention - that's for sure. At night I have been watching the second season of the beloved series Carnivale. Heidi lent me hers and my husband and I are so enjoying it! So far, I think Carnivale is my all time favorite series -though I do love Six Feet Under too. We'll see if Battlestar Galactica rates with those two...
See! TV is my life right now! How very pathetic! The only good things about staying home are getting to see my daughter more, being more relaxed in general and getting to sleep a little later every now and then! That's it. I guess I should already be happy with that. I mean the weekend is coming up and I'm not even looking forward to it one bit! It's just any other day! Nothing special - except my husband will be home to so that's a good thing. Another thing about having all this time is I made some appointments for check-ups and stuff that I would have kept putting off. It's so much easier to get a doctor's appointment in working hours - so that's another good thing. I am searching for all the good things. It'll all be all right! One more hour and I'll take a walk to pick up my daughter from school early. She'll be so happy about that. I will too! I need some company! And I need some walking and fresh air badly!

I can totally relate to this excerpt from this article from the funny The Onion:

Unemployment, Wallace said, has enabled him to do many things he'd
never found time for while working 40 hours a week.
"For one thing, I've had
the opportunity to see some top-flight daytime programming I never knew
existed," Wallace said. "I also went out jogging several times, and I plan to go
more, now that I've discovered how great it makes me feel."
"I've really rediscovered the simpler things in life," Wallace continued. "Who knew the pleasures to be found in just taking a walk around the city? Or walking around
the mall for a few hours? Or driving down to the gas station for a sandwich?
That's what I did earlier today, and it was great, absolutely great. There's
lots of tremendous stuff to see at the gas station, if you just take the time to
notice."
Recently, Wallace took advantage of his "freed-up schedule" by
visiting his parents in Bakersfield. "Josh just showed up in the middle of
the day and surprised us," Wallace's mother Elaine said. "He kept saying
something about wanting to 'touch base and make sure the whole family's all on
the same page,' which I didn't really understand, but other than that it was a
nice visit." Added Elaine: "A full week was maybe a little long for him to
stay, just sitting up there in his old room like that. But I wasn't going to say
anything. Not when he's having such a terrible time of it."



Isn't there something beautiful about the above photo from this link? In Italy they found this dead couple from over 5000 years ago in a definite hugging position. Lovely!

And finally, for anybody out there interested in breast size in Belgium, the study says...

No comments: