Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday 02 January 2007: Sarah's friend Joke stops by with some great apple pie to say hi and Sarah is SICK OF TV!!!!

Sarah says:
Wow! I am starting to feel much, much better. More energy. More delight. I didn't even take a pain killer last night! That's the first time!! My belly is hurting today and I have aches and pains all over but they feel normal and aren't worrying me for once! Joke stopped by to say hello. See! I am even having visitors now, which is good. Great to be part of the living again - though an hour or two is enough because my back gets so tired and I need to lie down. But all in all things are going well. I just hope this lasts. I have read many things about this operation and one that keeps coming up again and again is how good you feel at first - then three or so months down the line - you stop feeling good again. Man I hope the good stays!!! My leg is still rotten and in pain and I have upper back pain now in place of lower - but I can move so much better and so much faster than I thought I'd be able to. I really have to be careful though. I HAVE TO make sure to rest a lot and not do too much. That isn't as easy as I though either...

Here is my favorite Post Secret entry this week having to do with apathy and self interest and the dumbing and numbing of the Western World!I have been watching so much crap TV in the last two weeks - the great escape indeed. We live in a sick, sick world. The shows that are on are mostly shallow and show how obsessed we all are with looks and money and material things and being peeping Toms. I am as guilty as anyone else! I mean just look at this Blog! What is with all the reality shows and going on TV to fix your sex-life or to clean out your closet... This Blog is the same - why oh why oh why do we need such a stage. If you watch TV all day you can really start to hate people. If you browse the internet all day you can really feel just as overwhelmed with the modern world. Today on some Trinny and Susanna show they transformed and old-fashioned miserable divorced woman into a beautiful and confidant modern woman. It was a struggle but she felt better in the end. I was drawn in and needing to know how she'd end up. I was rooting for her and feeling her pain. And then I was wondering why I even cared and related. We can transform everything! There is no end! I dream of being taken away and given a make-over and 2000 Euro for shopping for new clothes. It would also be great to have a therapist for everything - for bedroom tips, child-raising advice, cooking secrets -- but YUCK!!!! On TV it is all way too much!!! I found myself wondering if I got selected at a shopping mall for an instant beauty contest like the show on Vitaya or V - if I would go along with it and learn new things about myself and have breakthroughs that would change my life forever -- maybe I could even win! I mean YOU CAN HAVE THIS TOO-- isn't that what all these shows are about? Are they creating the need???? No freaking doubt! Great marketing indeed and feeding the I hate myself and must change myself frenzy.
Man I long for some good comedy! I am almost done with Little Britain. I have seen all of Het Eiland and In De Gloria and The Fast Show 5 times by now. Later that night:And I forgot to mention Borat (thanks so much NSM!!! - hope to talk to you really soon!!!) - the video my brother compiled for me that I started watching but have since had to wait for my husband to have time as I can't watch it without him! I at least have the rest of that to look forward to!! Why do so many people I know not like Borat? I LOVE BORAT! Why does he offend so many? He's brilliant!... I even started watching Monty Python again the other night. ANYTHING BUT REALITY TV PLEASE!!!!! FREEDUMB INDEED!!!! Thankfully I have a job that I'll return to in March. People who are at home all day must get so sucked into TV. In really can numb and dumb you. I think I'll go watch some right now! I am addicted!! Save m Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't even mention the Borat tape I made for you. That's comedy and reality wrapped up into one!

Anonymous said...

Damn, Joke is fine, and I'm not joking! Get it? Her name is Joke, and I'm not JOK(E)ing. Now do you get it?