Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday 24 February 2006: Heidi and Sarah celebrate Carnaval on their little island!



Heidi and Sarah miss Het Eiland! In the spirit of Carnaval, they decided to bring Het Eiland back for the day. Please welcome back Alain and Franky!

Greetings to our new friend
Frosty The Snowman

Heidi says:
It's almost carnaval. I have been searching on the internet for the old carnavalsongs we used to sing when I was a child, at school, but I couldn't find any. That was a nice time. The whole class had to dress up and then we would all sing carnavalsongs and play our little intruments while walking through the classes of the other kids. We must have been younger than 6 years old, but I can remember the feeling so well, even the smell and the taste, of the candy and the wafers we ate. It was a glorious day, carnaval at school. I hope they still do this in kindergarten. It gives us adults such great memories.
By the way, if anyone is watching this site, and can send me the lyrics of the carnavalsongs they can remember, please send them! I'll be so happy!

Sarah says:
This photo sort of makes me feel a little better about my own double-chins! Have a great Carnival! Dress-up! Have fun! Eat bad stuff! Come see Greyn in Tournai on Saturday at 19u!

We saw Brokeback Mountain last night. I'd say it was quite a lovely and sad film. Made me think a lot about longing. How we all have some longing that we never share with others. A secret memory. A person we loved and longed for who we couldn't have or whom we maybe had one special moment or period with and the memory of that can still hurt and trigger that black and dark longing. Saddest thing about that movie for me is that though it took place in the 60s and 70s I bet the same must be true for cowboys today. Not just for cowboys but for lots of men who have an attarcation to other men but can't feel free to say it. Those of us who live in cities perhaps aren't confonted as much with this. But you can be sure that though we have come a long way, we have a long way to go in terms of tolerance. I bet you something like 1 out of every 2 people you know has a secret longing that you have no idea about. I'd even venture to say everyone does. Unfulfilled longings are miserable and lead to self-destruction no doubt.

This brings me back to
Post Secret
If only we weren't all so ashamed of all our secrets! There are two on there right now about the shame of being attracted to the same sex. Look fast because they change the postcards every Sunday!

Have a great weekend and I challenge you to tell someone close to you one of your deepest secrets. Release it! Unburden yourself!

1 comment:

Jason said...

ahahahahhahahah. Oh, man, that was hilarious. Thanks, you two. I needed that laugh.