Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday 15 June 2009: Sarah does not think it is thrilling to not know what comes next...

Sarah says:
Enjoyed this morning talking about America to a group of students at local college. Then I met an old friend and we had sandwiches and pie together and a long chat. Now I am at home in the middle of the day wondering what I should do now. My choices are - in no particular order - do nothing, putz around on the computer more, clean something up, organize some pile, keep reading book, watch aimless TV, sleep, call someone, write, eat snacks and not because I am hungry, search for jobs on internet, make lists, practice photoshopping and stuff like that... None of those things appeals to me. Maybe the reading the book part does. Anyway, what I will do is search for jobs for the next 15 minutes on the 5 usual sites. Then I will go upstairs to the living room and clean up the several piles of papers and junk that have it all messy up there. Then I will indeed continue the little lving room clean up with music blasting. Then it will be time to pick up my daughter. So the time will pass and so will the day. If each day I can do something that feeds my head and soul a bit I think I'll be okay. I really enjoyed preparing for giving the lesson today. I dove into Obama-mania and read, read and read and feel very up-to-date on American matters. It was fun being around students too. Made me feel good and alive.
Above you can see my Post Secret pick of he week, which I picked for obvious reasons that have nothing to do with death and everything to do with my looming unemployment and with what happens next. I like to know what's coming up. I like agendas and planning. Not always of course - I do know how to be lazy and relax and have no plans and to change plans and all but in general, I like to have at least some idea of what is around the corner... I gues I'll learn how to better deal with the unknown it the following weeks! A good lesson to learn in fact so I will try to embrace it!

No comments: