Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sunday 21 December to Tuesday 23 December: Sarah and family go to Germany and hang with ASG and TSG for a few relaxing days!


Sarah says:
It was great to get away for a few days before Christmas and New Year! Our friends ASG and TSG were kind enough to invite us to te house they were staying at in Mosdorf, Germany (Cochem). It was supposed to be a 4 hour drive but we took a wrong turn and ended up in the dark riding up and down unmarked mountain roads for about three extra hours! But we got there in the end and had a few relaxing days thereafter as you can see in the many photos below.

The photo above and the one below were taken at a really old, really German-loking castle in the mountains. It was an easy walk downhill to the castle but we had to drag ourselves up the hill after! There I am above and there's my kid below!

Above you can see us dragging ourselves up the hill. I have to give my mom some credit! At 66, she made it up the steep hill sooner or later!
There above are our hosts ASG and TSG.
And one of the best parts of our days there was that ASG and I could hang around reading our Oprah magazines together! Pure, relaxig joy that was!
And that I actually had time to just sit around giving my daughter undivided attention. We finished that book you see in the photo. It was good for her and good for me to just be together - no work, no school, no stress!
I think the same goes for my husband. He had time to spend with our daughter being lazy and he also could go off on his own and make some music on his computer. Good for him, good for me, good for our kid!
And we hung out with Buster the Bunny! You can see him above and below. He didn't like me very much because when he'd come near me he'd thump. Not a good sign.

I think he's giving me the evil eye in the picture below!

There above and below you can see our surroundings. Very German looking indeed. It was a tiny village in the middle of nowhere with one small bakery and not much else - well there was a church of course...

In a few towns over there was a grocery store and we found matzah! My mom made all of us Matzah brei! It was really good stuff. You can see it below. If I were you, I'd google a recipe for it and make it right away! Yummy!
And thanks to ASG who made a whole bunch of cookies, we all had a chance to decorate them. That was really fun.

Of course there was a warm fire as you can see below!
The End!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Love it. Nice photos. Nice time. We so enjoyed it and all of you. We can post a video link to the recipe if you like?
ASG