Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday 25 October 2008: Sarah makes a new sort of quiche thanks to a friend's great recipe! And Nice'n'Hi-de-ho! give the best of themselves!

Heidi says:
wraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! Madensuyu is in tha house! (see behind us on the screen)

Sarah says:

I'm not praying in the above photo so don't be shocked! Just thinking! Thinking about a lot lately! Cooking a lot on the weekends. It's something I have always loved but it's starting to feel like a hobby because I get such joy from it. I get time alone to think. It's very relaxing.


There above you see a spinach salad and a fantastic butternut squash - endive (witlof) quiche. My friend Steven gave me the recipe and I have to say it's GREAT!!! The texture aloe is divine. You just chop up the squash and cook it enough to get it soft but not mushy and add a bit of nutmeg and maybe a tiny bit of butter if you want. You do the same with endive (witlof) and add salt and pepper - cook the endive till it's browning a bit. Take two eggs mixed with some cream and add a little soysauce (that's what I did anyway) and mix that together. First put cheese on the bottom (on the dough bottom). Then put a layer of the squash, then a layer of the endive. Then pour the egg and cream mix over it. Add a little more cheses on the top if you want. Put it in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Enjoy it!!! The veggies in it are watery so if you don't want it to be too watery -- strain the water out first before puuting it all in the quich dough.



And the Post Secret from this week - late! I chose the below one because, well, you just get the sad feeling that it could be true. Let's hope not!!! I hope Obama gets elected and I hope he stays for 8 years!!! I really hope that no stupid crazy person gets any dumb ideas!!! America needs a guy like Obama right now!




No comments: